Climbing across areas with ropes/lassos?

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

FoxyPigeon

Climbing across areas with ropes/lassos?

Post by FoxyPigeon » Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:10 pm

Does it work? Is it broken?

I remember using lassos a few times for this months prior to EE. More recently though, I have come across various areas where I get the: "You find a spot to use your lasso here" or "You find a small chasm, a rope would help you climb across", but nothing at all ever pops up for me to use the lasso on. Using the lasso on nothing, does just that; nothing. My character has high search, so I should be able to see them, or maybe it's just not showing properly, I have no idea.

Rwby

Re: Climbing across areas with ropes/lassos?

Post by Rwby » Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:20 pm

I can confirm I have traversed a lasso since EE.

That's about all I can confirm, though!

Dunshine
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Dunshine » Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:22 pm

The lasso has two activated abilities, one is a targetted one, the other isn't. If you use the none-targetted one at such locations, you might find the spots. It should give you feedback either way, if you find them or not.

The Kriv
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Post by The Kriv » Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:04 pm

IIRC - when you activate the lasso on yourself after getting that message, creates an object somewhere near you that becomes clickable. The object might even be on the far side of what you are trying to cross. Clicking that far object (which would be theoretically what you would try and 'lasso' ) will open a dialog menu giving access to a conversation tree to use the lasso, and will list the options of what you want to use the lasso "on" (which would be that rock, or tree, or whatever)

not saying it isn't confusing at first, but: 1) you stip into an invisible trigger that activates the text indicating a spot to use the lasso. 2) the thing that is far away is what you want to 'lasso' is what you click on next, think of it like you are THROWING the lasso. 3) conversation menu to USE the lasso is what ties it off and creates the 'line' between where you are, and where you will end up.

Pretty sure that's the process.

note: you step INTO the invisible trigger that causes the text telling you there's a spot to use the lasso... the trigger is like an invisible box on the ground, and if you step OUT of that invisible trigger, it breaks the whole thing, and you have to start again.
-Unit of beauty required to launch one ship = 1 milihelen

FoxyPigeon

Post by FoxyPigeon » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:21 pm

Okay, I wasn't using the lasso on myself, I see it now. Though, the grapple point in the King's Tomb, is apparently out of range to use the lasso on after you detect it.