Settlement Election ballots

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

O-H41

Settlement Election ballots

Post by O-H41 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:09 pm

With regard to the recent Cordor election, I've heard IC from several other people that the list of names on their ballots were different from the names I had to choose from on my ballot. I have no way to test or duplicate this, so if it is a bug, it may need to be addressed. I don't think all these other characters are lying to mine, and have no motive to lie that I can see, so I'm posting it here in the bug forum so you are aware of it. Thanks for your time.
Lilah Lannald: Is it cheese?
Corbin: Its---yes.
Corbin: Its cheese.

Rwby

Re: Settlement Election ballots

Post by Rwby » Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:12 pm

When an election happens, there is only one candidate, the candidate responsible for triggering the election.
Additionally, there will be a second candidate the person who was in office, if there was anyone when the election was triggered.

Other than these two, characters will have to manually register their intent to run, so the earlier you turn up, the less candidates will be there.
Futhermore as time passes candidates may withdraw from the election.
Therefore, if two people look at the list on different days, it may be wildly different.

If two people look at the list at the same time, and it has different candidates, that's different.

Morderon
Technical Lead
Technical Lead

Post by Morderon » Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:29 pm

Known issue on the lists it's a display bug, all you can do is keep refreshing the list until the name you want to vote for comes up.

This is also why in the prompt it lists the number of candidates, in case you don't get them all you can ESC/manually refresh the conversation.

Also rwby's working off dated info given you can sign up for an election before an election is called now and settlement leader's are no longer automatically entered, though like everyone else, they can sign up ahead of time.

Rwby

Post by Rwby » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:16 am

Morderon.

You're making me feel old. Stop it.

Ebonstar

Post by Ebonstar » Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:51 pm

maybe once an election is triggered only those who have signed up should be the only ones able to be voted for to stop last hour ballot buying

this goes for Andunor as well
Yes I can sign

Cortex

Post by Cortex » Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:53 pm

Ebonstar wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:51 pm
maybe once an election is triggered only those who have signed up should be the only ones able to be voted for to stop last hour ballot buying

this goes for Andunor as well
What?
:)

Ebonstar

Post by Ebonstar » Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:55 pm

once an election is triggered, no other candidates should be able to enter the election as candidates after say the first day of the three day election. This would keep last minute candidates from trying to buy the elections
Yes I can sign

Cortex

Post by Cortex » Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:07 pm

That's silly. No person should be expected to be able to log on a specific day.
:)