Standard Assembly template

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

Invader_Nym

Standard Assembly template

Post by Invader_Nym » Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:06 am

Did standard assembly templates go from having 1 permanent essence and 2 temps to having 3 temps and zero permanents?

I'm almost sure my last standard template was 1 permanent 2 temp. I just made a new one and it's got zero stable slots and 3 unstable slots. Did I make an error, or is this change an error, or is it deliberate?

Also, can we get some feedback when our templates are about to blow up, similar to how there's feedback when weapons and armor are about to blow up? I blew up a 60k template not realizing it was low on charges.

BattleDrake

Re: Standard Assembly template

Post by BattleDrake » Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:46 am

Ammunition & Templates
-----------------------
- Unstable essence slots can be now be replaced prior to being consumed. Unstable essence slots will be replaced in the order in which they were filled.

Example: A template has two unstable slots. The first and second temporary essences used on that template will fill slots one and two, respectively. The third temporary essence will replace slot one, and the fourth will replace slot two.

- Standard and Complex Templates now only have unstable essence slots.

A Standard Template has 3 Unstable slots and 0 Stable slots.
A Complex Template has 4 Unstable slots and 0 Stable slots.

This will affect new standard and complex templates but not old ones. Expect this to be the last major change to template items in the near future.

Recent Characters:
Aramis - "S'fine piece of art yer havin' there." (Shelved)
Eradyn - Trying to make the world a better place. (Shelved)
[Redacted] - ? (?)
Skek - Happiness in Endless Industry. (Rolled)

Invader_Nym

Post by Invader_Nym » Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:12 am

I can't fathom what prompted the decision to remove the permanent essences from the higher-tier templates.

Hellfire

Post by Hellfire » Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:18 am

I will hazard a guess that it was because the lower ones got changed to either last forever or be able to be repaired. A perm essence makes a lot less sense on something that is going to get used up, and more temp slots give you more room to play with spells instead of just essences.

Hunter548

Post by Hunter548 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:57 am

It makes them more powerful, mind.
UilliamNebel wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:24 pm
You're right. Participating in the forums was a mistake. Won't do this again.
Anime Sword Fighter wrote: I have seen far too many miniskirt anime slave girls.