Surface Slaves and Writs

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

Monkeycoder

Surface Slaves and Writs

Post by Monkeycoder » Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:17 pm

Hi,

I've noticed that cannot accept Writs in the underdark, can this please be changed as i wish perform writs with my friends but they are quickly gain a big level advantage over me and soon be out my level range for playing with.

I dont see any RP reasons for this not to be okay as underdark created slaves can perform writs..

Kind Regards,

Monkeycoder

MoreThanThree

Re: Surface Slaves and Writs

Post by MoreThanThree » Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:35 pm

Related, can characters made on the surface who become Outcasts do writs in the UD?
20 RPR GANG

Queen Titania
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by Queen Titania » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:10 pm

It's very unlikely you would be approved to be an outcast in a short amount of time, therefore, you would likely be at a level beyond where the writ system could be of use.

Since this is a feature, not a bug, you may wish to post in the more relevant suggestion thread, though I believe it was denied in the past. A surface slave can still go to the surface to perform writs there, and vice versa, and you can accompany your IC friends, and they you, so long as they have IC reason to.
Please don't feed my sister.

Nitro

Post by Nitro » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:35 pm

I certainly hope it's a bug and not a feature. Otherwise it's really silly why some slaves (made at char creation) can do UD quests, while some (captured slaves) need to go to the surface. It means that if two slaves want to do writs together they'd need to double up below and above ground. And a system that forces UD slaves above-ground for a fun leveling experience feels like it's missed the mark somewhat.

You're also SoL if you're level 15 or upwards as a captured surface slave since the only quest givers for that level range are in settlements that have had visiting slaves be illegal for years now.