Cross-Server Portaling Bugs

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

Twily
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Cross-Server Portaling Bugs

Post by Twily » Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:08 pm

Making this to neatly catalogue bugs with cross-server portals in the hope it can help figure out where the issues are.

- Used lens in TheNomad to go to ArelithForest(ShallowWood)SouthernEnterance, received "Portaling..." followed by "Portal Failed, Server will not accept your character" and was given back my portal lens. Upon leaving the Nomad, I was sent to Arelith Entry and was dropped off at the dock when I went through the door.

-Tried again without re-logging, and received the "Sending you to" message, however I did not receive the portaling message. I didn't transfer servers and was not given the lens back

flower

Re: Cross-Server Portaling Bugs

Post by flower » Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:29 pm

And what about you run in dungeon with buddy and suddenly get teleported to another server right into your room where you have previously logged (but when rejoined, already left it).

Or when you scry someone, and get teleported to another server!

And then your character is duplicated, and each time you pass that location you find your own copy in form of npc :D

whoisthisis

Post by whoisthisis » Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:42 pm

Or when you pay the boatman 50 gold, and the portal fails with (server cannot accept character). And your out 50 gold. >.<

EnigmaticSpirit
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by EnigmaticSpirit » Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:49 pm

Or when you try to use a lens to escape the Underdark and nothing happens, so you get captured by drow. :D

Morderon
Technical Lead
Technical Lead

Post by Morderon » Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:08 pm

whoisthisis wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:42 pm
Or when you pay the boatman 50 gold, and the portal fails with (server cannot accept character). And your out 50 gold. >.<
In this situation you can just log out and manually log into the other server, provided it's up.

whoisthisis

Post by whoisthisis » Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:16 am

Morderon wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:08 pm
whoisthisis wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:42 pm
In this situation you can just log out and manually log into the other server, provided it's up.
Awesome, thanks!

ActionReplay
Project Lead
Project Lead

Post by ActionReplay » Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:08 am

The portalling in EE is very shaky. Lets hope they fix this soon.

Ommani

Post by Ommani » Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:10 pm

On a related note(which i will make another thread about), I have been experiencing similar glitches. It seems there is some issue when you attempt to transition to a different server. Sometimes, the actual communication between servers doesnt happen for whatever reason. Which is why the portal is refused.

And then... this happens. I die around brogendenstein/the great grotto and spawn in Andunor. For the third time now, after making sure i am bound to Brog/Grotto bind points.I could keep asking players to -yoink me or a DM for help, but that becomes cumbersome for everyone every time I die.

Morderon
Technical Lead
Technical Lead

Post by Morderon » Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:09 pm

Some of these issues might be fixed.