-Pray Broken?

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

Rwby

-Pray Broken?

Post by Rwby » Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:54 am

So I've been getting pretty mixed replies with -pray recently.

I know it used to, [In combat] have a chance of totally healing you, and or smiting your adversaries for 100 magic damage.

It definately doesn't smite your enemies anymore, and it provides a very unimpressive heal for the loss of hundreds of XP.

But what worries me most is playing outside of combat~

Today I -prayed inside, I was at negative hunger, posative all other stats. Undamaged, but suffering from ability drain due to the hunger.
I was granted a 'Greater Favour'. This did not improve my hunger, did not remove the debuffs, and did not provide any stat increases. Indeed, it didn't seem to do anything at all but cost me 10% Piety, and this isn't the first time I've seen that happen.

Anyone else have any recent Pray Experiences?

MissEvelyn
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Re: -Pray Broken?

Post by MissEvelyn » Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:22 pm

Ever since the shift to EE, -pray hasn't worked for me to fix hunger, exhaustion, and thirst problems.

Cortex

Post by Cortex » Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:36 pm

That's not because of EE, that's an intended change. Pray no longer restores negative stats, not sure about smiting however.
:)

Rwby

Post by Rwby » Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:41 pm

Was this a silent update? I saw nothing in the changelog, or on the Wiki regarding this.

What exactly is a non-combat -pray supposed to do, if it no longer restores debuffs, lost stats, or provides random characteristic increases?

Cortex

Post by Cortex » Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:46 pm

:)

Rwby

Post by Rwby » Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:15 pm

Well I'm an idiot.

That said, that change makes no mention of the removal of the random stat gifts you used to get. These definitely seem to no longer be working.