Enchantment Spell Bugs?

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

Skibbles
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Enchantment Spell Bugs?

Post by Skibbles » Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:49 am

I did some experiments with enchantment earlier and noticed two spells that worked strangely but didn't have much of a listing on the wiki - Arelith or otherwise. I did these tests alone with two characters in the Devil's Table arena, if that helps.

Mass charm seemed to oddly just make hostile PCs charge straight for me, which was sort of hilariously unexpected, but not exactly in line with what I'd call "charm." I can't find any documentation on this.

Mass blindness/deafness sounds nifty at first, for an eighth circle spell, but the DC is of a second circle spell which makes the spell next to useless. Is this a bug or intended? I can't find any Arelith specific changes on it, and NWN wiki doesn't explain any bugs.
Irongron wrote: [...] the super-secret Arelith development roadmap is a post apocalyptic wasteland populated with competing tribes of hand-bombard wielding techno-giants, and strewn with the bones of long dead elves.

So we're very much on track.

Rwby

Re: Enchantment Spell Bugs?

Post by Rwby » Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:42 am

I've had some issues with Charm Monster too, that effectively make it do the same thing. It only works if you're facing one single monster and you're not partied with anyone else and it will temporarily become non hostile. Attacking any other monsters will just send it charging off after you.

Terenfel
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Terenfel » Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:53 am

Mass blindness/deafness is a illusion spell.. so if you have epic enchantment focus, but no illusion focus its DC will be 6 lower then other 8th level enchantment spells.

JediMindTrix

Post by JediMindTrix » Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:04 pm

Skibbles wrote:
Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:49 am
Mass charm seemed to oddly just make hostile PCs charge straight for me, which was sort of hilariously unexpected, but not exactly in line with what I'd call "charm." I can't find any documentation on this.
*froths at the mouth*
Ethereal Visage + Mestil's Acid Sheathe + Mass Charm = Self-Executing Enemies

Skibbles

Post by Skibbles » Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:14 pm

Terenfel wrote:
Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:53 am
Mass blindness/deafness is a illusion spell.. so if you have epic enchantment focus, but no illusion focus its DC will be 6 lower then other 8th level enchantment spells.
Oh wow I didn't even bother to check the school on that. It pulled the old mass haste on me I guess!
Irongron wrote: [...] the super-secret Arelith development roadmap is a post apocalyptic wasteland populated with competing tribes of hand-bombard wielding techno-giants, and strewn with the bones of long dead elves.

So we're very much on track.