Cities and Planes Time Issue?

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

RedGiant

Cities and Planes Time Issue?

Post by RedGiant » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:52 am

Working on a large crafting project...and literally set an alarm IRL synched to craft point reset. I double checked my alarm setting skills...and my timing is correct. Somehow, in game, literally half the time that should have elapsed has and I still have 1.5 hours till craft point reset. What gives?
The GrumpyCat wrote:I CLICK THE HOSTIBLE BUTTON NOW U ARE DED!
Irongron wrote:The slaughter, i am afraid, will not abate.

yellowcateyes
Project Lead
Project Lead

Re: Cities and Planes Time Issue?

Post by yellowcateyes » Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:07 am

Was there a reset or did you switch servers between setting the timer and checking again?
Dinosaur Space Program is my working partner on Arelith-related projects. If my inbox is full or I take a while to get back to you, feel free to PM them questions or concerns.

RedGiant

Post by RedGiant » Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:12 am

Yes, it shows there was a reset during my log-off period. I don't have this scientifically, but it took around a full extra hour to hour and a half for the expected craft point refresh. Hope this helps!
The GrumpyCat wrote:I CLICK THE HOSTIBLE BUTTON NOW U ARE DED!
Irongron wrote:The slaughter, i am afraid, will not abate.

Sab1

Post by Sab1 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:16 am

Time is way off, on the surface it shows Month 2 Day 4 Hour 12 and crafting pts time at 1 hr 37 min. But when I go to Sibayad it shows Month 2 Day 5 Hour 1 and crafting pts time at 21 min.

Sab1

Post by Sab1 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:14 pm

Cordor and surface show crafting at 3 hrs 29 minutes and Sib is at 1 hr 41 min. I thought crafting reset at like 2 hrs 30 minutes, is 3 1/2 hours normal?

Ebonstar

Post by Ebonstar » Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:24 pm

this isnt just a crafting issue.

took my drow to the surface at hour 21 on the clock for C&P used the cross server portal to bendir gorge and it was hour 7 on surface

this was at 10 pm eastern last night. tried to run for a cave nearby but ran into human toons who caused me to lens back below
Yes I can sign

Kreydis

Post by Kreydis » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:34 pm

So when you type -date / check your crafting points via a station. It remembers the time of day when you checked, and starts the countdown. Which is exactly 24 in game hours (2 hours 24 minutes)

I.E.

C&P: Day 2 Hour 20 Month 3
Surface: Day 3 Hours 9 Month 3
DS: Day 3 Hour 15 Month 9

So say you check your crafting points on cities and planes. Then you go all the way to Sibayad. That means your crafting points will reset in 30 IRL minutes, because you're time traveling into the future.

The opposite is also true. If you go to Sibayad, check your crafting points, then go to Cordor, you're going to have a stupidly long time to wait. (Simplified, 2 IG days.)

It's abusable, and I'm not sure how the DM team / admins feel about it. But that's how it is. As for the time issue? I've literally never seen any of the servers synced with time. When traveling between servers, expect it to be off by +/- 8 hours.
It's a Dwarf, no it's a Dragon, no it's a Halfling! I think.

DM Sollers

Post by DM Sollers » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:49 pm

Kreydis wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:34 pm
It's abusable, and I'm not sure how the DM team / admins feel about it.
It makes us sad. Please don't do it. We are working to manage the time issue. In the meantime, we ask that all time travelers behave.
Be kind.