Keep being dropped in limbo on loading character

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

Indis

Keep being dropped in limbo on loading character

Post by Indis » Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:06 pm

Character name is Indis Vanyar and every time I log in with her I have to log in twice (the first time always gives an error). When I log in the second time I am in a strange limbo screen where I have a portal for the surface and or planes that I can take. When I walk into the surface portal I am spawned at a rqndom place and have to make my way all the way back to Guldorand Monastery which is where my quarters are. It has gone through a phase of spawning me back on Skal and at some random locations around Arelith. Currently the favourite is outside Cawdor which then requires a few boat rides back. Starting to get a bit annoying spending time and money getting back to my room. I always log out in My room in the Monastery by Guldorand but I never start back there on logging.

Any ideas?

Anatida
General Admin
General Admin

Re: Keep being dropped in limbo on loading character

Post by Anatida » Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:16 pm

I'm sure an admin will check on this, but in the meantime:

1) Having to login twice is something that has happened since EE. Though I've only seen it when changing servers with a portal, or transition. This sounds like a symptom of #3.

2) This screen is something I've only seen when I log into the wrong server and do not immediately get transported to the correct one (such as when the correct server is down or resetting).

3) Are you sure you are logging into the correct server? IE: Surface or Cities & Planes. I'm not certain which server the Monastery is on.

My pronouns are: She/Her/That *itch

Indis

Post by Indis » Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:54 pm

I've always logged in to distant shores with all my characters. I only have this one server on my favourites list so its defo the same one I've been using.

Anatida
General Admin
General Admin

Post by Anatida » Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:04 pm

Ahhh! That is the issue then.

Guldorand is on the Surface server: game.arelith.com:5123

The Cities & Plane server (Cordor) is: game.arelith.com:5122

My pronouns are: She/Her/That *itch