Dominate Monster

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

Poolbrain
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Dominate Monster

Post by Poolbrain » Thu May 31, 2018 9:48 am

Been trying to make use of this spell now for a while but its just nigh impossible to controll the dominated creature.

1.) It can't be controlled with the player tool. (except walking)

2.) It answeres only to voice and radial commands to fight (if you're lucky).

3.) Stops attacking other creatures all together if you turn it invisible. (it will follow but only attack when it gets attacked, enemies wont even trigger AoO on it) same with darkness (Even with UV)

4.) Sometimes when you've gotten it to finally attack something it will just stop randomly. Becoming flatfooted and killed.

It's incredibly bugged compared to vanilla nwn.

Sockss

Re: Dominate Monster

Post by Sockss » Thu May 31, 2018 12:40 pm

1) The PT1 works well with it, but you'll need to flip the control switch before it'll respond properly once you've dominated something. (Select yourself to turn it off, then back on. Or on-off-on sometimes)

2) Radial commands and voice commands are ignored if you have PT1 in effect.

3) I've never encountered that before, even on arelith!

4) This may be multiple commands input, misclicking PT1 or a load problem (similar to when things stop attacking you in pve for no reason and stand there for a few seconds)

If you switch the pt1 about you should be fine!
Thankfully this team is no longer being used.

Sockss#5567 for nwn mechanics questions.

Poolbrain
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Poolbrain » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:46 pm

Well, I atleast can never get it to work reliably! No matter the switching on and off. It's horribly bugged, more so if the creature ends up in darkness or invis.

It's weird that you have a completely different experience.

Through a lot of experimenting, turning off PT1 and using radial command is the most reliable way for me to handle them.

Even If there's a certain obscure procedure to make it work I still think it needs some attention. Or perhaps my character is horribly bugged or something if I'm the only one experiencing this problem?

Aftond

Post by Aftond » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:45 pm

As a frequent domination spell user I've found that the easiest way to make sure your controlled creature will do anything is to follow this order.

Dominate > Make your creature attack through the radial menu > Once it attacks, use playertool 1 on it. > Now your creature will respond in a crisp manner.