Inventory Full make lose items

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

Gimpshop

Inventory Full make lose items

Post by Gimpshop » Sun May 20, 2018 6:45 pm

I was holding a longsword and a buckler and my inventory was full, so I could not put them into my bag.

The thing is that for a reason or another, my buckler went straight up into my inventory (which could not) and should at least lie on the ground.

The buckler simply disapeared.

Not broken because I heard the full inventory SFX. I just repaired the buckler not long ago.

I have a screenshot of were i was standing.

I cannot go anywhere beause I'm way too dependant of that item.

I have done some research and it is somewhat really relatable to that:

Dropped Weapon/Shield
Problem: Equipment occasionally seem to "randomly" drop out of inventory.

Information:When a character has a full inventory and unequips a weapon via a quickslot, Bad Stuff starts to happen. Weapons will drop automatically, regularly sticking to the ground and becoming unable to be picked back up. This includes DMs, who will not be able to save your equipment.

Solution/Prevention: Do not unequip items when your inventory is full. Be sure to have enough space to carry your things about with you at all times.

In case you do happen to drop your shield (you had quickslotted both a weapon and a shield in the same slot) it's likely you will loss the shield suddenly due to a nwn bug. The solution to prevent this, is to pick it up and relog.

Dredi

Re: Inventory Full make lose items

Post by Dredi » Sun May 20, 2018 11:10 pm

Well known bug, but one I expect which is in NWN itself and rare enough that building in a fix for it is unlikely. I'm sure if you ask nicely a DM may be able to help you recover the lost item however.
Roleplay can define your characters actions but when you as a player have the ability to accept loss and understand that sometimes its better to let the other person win because it makes a better story - it is then that you become a good roleplayer.

Gimpshop

Post by Gimpshop » Sun May 20, 2018 11:34 pm

The thing is that I'm disconnected due to my dependence to that shield. I cannot go back because have about 6000+ Golds and I am most likely to die in the giant area. I would at least like to buy the shield from someone if I cannot have my item back.

I didn't know that it was a well known bug even after 2000hours+ gameplay on the original game and 150hours+ on the server.

The good thing is that I was awarded a roleplay bonus +20 this morning.

I think well-known bug that can occur occasionally should be in the log or something like that to make prevention about those if it can't be fixed.

PinataPlethora

Post by PinataPlethora » Mon May 21, 2018 12:48 am

That bug actually is listed on the wiki, but it's the sort of thing that nobody ever looks up until after they encounter it. Unfortunately, these things do happen, and the staff is unlikely to replace your item. However, unless it was a unique enchanted shield, you should be able to get a new one by asking around.

Gimpshop

Post by Gimpshop » Mon May 21, 2018 1:00 am

It's a well-known shield. The problem again is that I won't be able to play until I'm sure to find it somewhere. If someone could travel to me and sell it, it will be appreciated. It would be meta-gaming, but in the other hand, I encountered a game-breaking issue that should have happened RP-Wise.

This is an issue that there is no solution to it. Only prevention. One bad bug that should not happen to the casual player. I cannot play until I'm sure that I will get that shield because my character is way to dependent of it.

This is unfortunate really that the general player will find those issues by themselves.

PinataPlethora

Post by PinataPlethora » Mon May 21, 2018 2:26 am

Gimpshop wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 1:00 am
It's a well-known shield. The problem again is that I won't be able to play until I'm sure to find it somewhere. If someone could travel to me and sell it, it will be appreciated. It would be meta-gaming, but in the other hand, I encountered a game-breaking issue that should have happened RP-Wise.
You'll find one eventually. You can survive without it, and I wouldn't count on anyone bringing one to you. My advice - and I know you don't want to hear this - is to turn this into character development.

You dropped your shield during a fight and couldn't find it again. Now you're on a quest to replace it, and you've vowed never to be so careless again. Maybe you invest some skill points in Discipline or get Discipline gear to reflect the change.

Roll with it, and you'll have a lot more fun than you would waiting around for someone to rescue you.

Gimpshop

Post by Gimpshop » Mon May 21, 2018 2:49 am

Well, a character was accompanying me and my character is Chaotic Evil. It's obvious as a character development, I'll accuse him for that.

I'Il surely however have to do something because I disconnected in a dangerous area. But for now, I won't play until a while. I do not have the discipline my character got as a player because of a recursive bug.

I will try to keep to money I got to buy another shield or something.

My character is dangerous and plot to kill everyone from Skal one by one with a Death Contract Board set on her room. She could have reason to raise even more hatred for that. If I take your advice, this is how I would roll with it. By killing. An even occurred lately that she gathered even more hatred toward Skal.

I don't think you would like to heard it this way, but that's part of the game right?

Gimpshop

Post by Gimpshop » Mon May 21, 2018 9:24 pm

The sad thing is that because of that bug, I'm always connecting/disconnecting because i'm on verge of dying trying to find my way.
That shield was giving me +4AC and the spell shield and now that I don't have it anymore, I can't survive more than 2 minutes in this area.

Plus, I don't really know the way out of here.

Verdict: Because of that bug, I can't play anymore without the fear of dying, so I have to sit and wait someone to rescue me.

That bug really ruined my experience.

Karris the Anarchist
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Karris the Anarchist » Mon May 21, 2018 9:33 pm

Just make a run for it. If you die, so be it, death penalties are just annoyances before epic levels. It happens to us all sooner or later, for whatever silly OOC reasons :)

Just buy a plain tower shield until you can find a proper replacement, it’ll give you +3 AC.
That which doesn't kill you, simply makes you... stranger.

Gimpshop

Post by Gimpshop » Mon May 21, 2018 10:43 pm

No I can't.

I use small shield for my arcane penalty.

I have 7000 Golds on me i got while gathering and wandering to try to find my way that could serve to buy my shield.

I'm waiting for a player to come in so that my time used would seems less painful because of that bug.

Normaly shield is supposed to lie on the ground after that bug occur, unfortunately, it has only disappeared which is not normal even RP-ing.

I do not know where I'm supposed to go and ennemies can kill me easily because of my lack of AC.

I'll say again. My gameplay experience is ruined because of a bug.

Kuma
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Kuma » Tue May 22, 2018 6:19 am

Gimpshop wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 10:43 pm
I'll say again. My gameplay experience is ruined because of a bug.
unless a dm is willing to help i'm afraid to say you're out of luck my dude

it sucks, but in this case you are probably just gonna have to suck it up rather than, like. expect someone to metagame for you. When this happened to a master's staff on an old character of mine, the fix was a rollback - so you'd lose your gold, and any earned XP and items since you last logged in, probably.

House Freth: Reference Information
House Claddath: Reference Information
"What's a heretic?": a guide to religious schism terminology

Irongron wrote:

4. No full screen images of the NWN gnome model (might frighten the children)