Underdark character loading into Skal

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

Lafcadio

Underdark character loading into Skal

Post by Lafcadio » Wed May 16, 2018 10:52 pm

For some reason my Underdark Warlock is loading into Skal, seems to be an issue. Not sure if I did something wrong somehow.

cptcuddlepants

Re: Underdark character loading into Skal

Post by cptcuddlepants » Wed May 16, 2018 11:21 pm

Try connecting directly to the Cities and Planes IP. You might be connecting to the Distant Shores server.

game.arelith.com:5122
When the going gets tough, the tough hide under the table.

Get Jad's portrait here!

Lafcadio

Post by Lafcadio » Wed May 16, 2018 11:31 pm

*nods* I did that, I think it is perhaps I was in the treadstone area of the city which apparently is actually on the distant shores server?

Lafcadio

Post by Lafcadio » Wed May 16, 2018 11:35 pm

Oh and in case wasn't clear, still logging into (choosing cities and planes) Skal and not the Underdark. :P

cptcuddlepants

Post by cptcuddlepants » Wed May 16, 2018 11:46 pm

You might need a DM to help port you back to the Underdark.

If there's an area of the Underdark that's on the Distant Shores server, there should probably be a transition that'll get you back to Cities and Planes, though unfortunately I don't know if there is one or where it is.
When the going gets tough, the tough hide under the table.

Get Jad's portrait here!

Lafcadio

Post by Lafcadio » Thu May 17, 2018 4:57 am

P.S. Dying did not fix it. :P

Ebonstar

Post by Ebonstar » Thu May 17, 2018 6:12 am

distant shores has no underdark section. this was a bug a few weeks back log into the surface and you should get the green area with the portals and stone sign, chose the underdark portal
Yes I can sign

ActionReplay
Project Lead
Project Lead

Post by ActionReplay » Thu May 17, 2018 7:43 am

I am curious did you somehow end up on Distant Shores? Which area are you loading into? As many details as possible would be great, like wat race is your character, background etc. You can PM me these details if you want to keep it private but this issue needs to be fixed so the more info I get the better.

Lafcadio

Post by Lafcadio » Thu May 17, 2018 2:44 pm

Doing so now.

Kenji
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Post by Kenji » Sat May 19, 2018 8:43 am

Hi guys, I'm having a similar problem, except that my characters (2) in Skal are being teleported to starting areas with the 2 options of either Surface or Cities and Planes.

When it happened the first time (for both characters), my first character got back to Skal from the Surface was by dying in PvP (as in, a player werewolf on her bloodlust transformation day shredded him to pieces). After his untimely death (losing a few gold pieces in the process), he got teleported back to Skal starting area.

For my second character, I tried to do the same, but this time through suicide by monsters. This didn't work.

They both have common first names that can be generated through the character creation screen. Maybe it has something to do with characters of the same name? I remember if you attempt to remake a character of the same first names while you deleted or overwritten the last before the server restart, there will be problems.

With the influx of new players, I assume names would be conflicting more. Also, my characters are now stuck in Surface/Cities n Planes starting areas again when they should be in Skal as of this time of post. It seems to happen every time the servers reset.

Good thing is, the inventory and gold (both on character and in the virtual bank) seem to remain the same with no weird changes.

Edit: A little embarrassed but I'm still keeping the above wall post. After going back to my characters, I realized that the starting area has the 3rd option (Skal) right in the middle. The name doesn't show when I 'tab' but it has safely transported my characters to where they belong.

I can see this as a potential exploit, however, if players decide to swap places without RP'ing about it.

Second Edit: My characters also rode horses as the servers reset. I noticed if they weren't, they remained where they were and no problems were had. Next thing I will try is leaving one character on horseback and the other without.