Fixed Level -forum_password doesn't work

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

hmm

Fixed Level -forum_password doesn't work

Post by hmm » Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:55 am

Fixed Level -forum_password doesn't work.

Mithreas
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Re: Fixed Level -forum_password doesn't work

Post by Mithreas » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:53 am

Yes, that's because FL is now on a different server from the main server. I used to be able to "dip" into the main server database, but that's not possible any more, and NWNX currently only supports a single database connection.

I'll need to rework this to go via Ruby or something, but it's not high up the priority list at present. Sorry!
xkcd.com is best viewed with Netscape Navigator 4.0 or below on a Pentium 3±1 emulated in Javascript on an Apple IIGS at a screen resolution of 1024x1.For security reasons, please leave caps lock on while browsing.

Knightwing

Post by Knightwing » Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:37 am

I'm going to point out that it doesn't appear to work on the main servers either. Not since the EE migration.

Mithreas
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Mithreas » Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:58 am

Hm yes, the code to read the baretext password and encrypt it will likely need to be reapplied to the forum software. Since the move we've been running a more recent version of PHP but without our custom additions. And I discovered, while getting EA logins working again, the encryption infrastructure in PHPBB has changed a bit since our last version, so the old code will need tweaking to get it to work for the current version.

I think getting our forum theme back is on someone's list, though, and that should fix it.
xkcd.com is best viewed with Netscape Navigator 4.0 or below on a Pentium 3±1 emulated in Javascript on an Apple IIGS at a screen resolution of 1024x1.For security reasons, please leave caps lock on while browsing.