Ship navigation bug when playership is spotted

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

nobs3
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Ship navigation bug when playership is spotted

Post by nobs3 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:54 pm

Sometimes the navigator on your ship (e.g. the Dreadnought) tells you that there is an other (player) ship detected. Now you can decide to 1) try to catch it or 2) better leave it and search for something else.

If you choose 2) you can set an other destination. But the navigators dialog gets stuck and everytime you will talk to the navigator he will ask you the same question over and over 1) or 2)? - Even if you found an other island or ship. You will only find out that you found something else if you talk to the NPC at the skiff.

It seems like you cant get away from the (player) ship you once found.

___

Also again I found a digging spot (huge atoll with no dungeon) but found nothing when using a shovel on it plenty of times. Is there an second (difficult) check when you dig at a digging spot?

____

Not important: The NPC drow guard close to the spot where enemies enter the Dreadnought still wont walk back to his starting place when he is hurt and thus wont heal. Cant imagin why. (Changing starting spot dint help.) / The orog works well.

___

The two bookcases on the Isle of Gnituheithr could hold some better "loot" - maybe like in the duergar library.

ActionReplay
Project Lead
Project Lead

Re: Ship navigation bug when playership is spotted

Post by ActionReplay » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:45 am

I'll look int othe bugs. As for the Digging Spots did you actually click the "Digging Spot" placeable or did you use the shovel's unique ability? You only have to use the placeable and have a spade in your inventory for it to work.

nobs3
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by nobs3 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:47 pm

ActionReplay wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:45 am
I'll look int othe bugs. As for the Digging Spots did you actually click the "Digging Spot" placeable or did you use the shovel's unique ability? You only have to use the placeable and have a spade in your inventory for it to work.
I used the shovel on the digging spot. Will test the other way.

ActionReplay
Project Lead
Project Lead

Post by ActionReplay » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:26 am

nobs3 wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:47 pm
ActionReplay wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:45 am
I used the shovel on the digging spot. Will test the other way.
Yeah you actually just have to click/use the digging spot with your PC, no need to use the spade ability. Though I think I should add that as its confusion for players otherwise perhaps.

nobs3
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by nobs3 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:59 am

All is working well if you just click on the digging spot. Adding the option to use the shovel on the spot might help people like me :)

By the way: I read somewhere that you might get xp for discovering. I didn't get adventuring xp (don't know about normal xp because lvl 30 - but if xp then it should be adventuring xp right?)

Rockstar1984

Post by Rockstar1984 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:25 am

I haven't experienced this bug personally with the Timberfleet at all. Might be just the Dreadnought?

Oh the year was 1778...

nobs3
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by nobs3 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:09 am

Rockstar1984 wrote:
Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:25 am
I haven't experienced this bug personally with the Timberfleet at all. Might be just the Dreadnought?
Maybe... (so you cant escape the Dreadnought once you are spotted : )

ActionReplay
Project Lead
Project Lead

Post by ActionReplay » Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:56 pm

Its regular EXP, not adventure EXP. Can change it to Adventure EXP if its not too much of a hassle.