Ownership of Items in Stack

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

Teshil

Ownership of Items in Stack

Post by Teshil » Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:50 pm

When I create a stack of items, in this case spell component pouches, they lose the setting that I own them when I unstack them and try to edit the name or description. I have to enchant each one before the basin sees them as mine. It sees the original stack as mine before I unstack them.

Thanks!

Morderon
Technical Lead
Technical Lead

Re: Ownership of Items in Stack

Post by Morderon » Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:21 am

Before you split the stack, rename the item. If you're going to want to rename them AFTER you split them also add your character's name to the end in [ ].

Teshil

Post by Teshil » Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:17 am

Thanks - this seems to be what I’ve been doing. The problem is that if I change the stack DESCRIPTION it doesn’t apply to items I break off the stack. Therefore I have to change description on each one manually. (This is how it worked before migration too: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=16641 etc.) But now, after renaming the stack, when I break one off I can’t change the description as that item is no longer set as owned by me. I do this a few times a week, before migration it worked every time. After migration it never works.

Thanks for the continued help!

Morderon
Technical Lead
Technical Lead

Post by Morderon » Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:32 am

Morderon wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:21 am
Before you split the stack, rename the item. If you're going to want to rename them AFTER you split them also add your character's name to the end in [ ].
that last bit doesn't work? Are you minding your spaced before and inside of the name?

You also want to append it after a name too

[Teshil] won't work. But a name [Teshil] would.

Replacing Teshil with characters name

Teshil

Post by Teshil » Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:12 pm

I'll give it a try, thank you. Before migration no renaming was required, it just saw them as owned by me. (I've avoided doing this because my customers definitely don't want my name all over my products!) Can I rename my name off the item after I've added a custom description?

Teshil

Post by Teshil » Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:59 pm

When I do that, it lets me rename/change description, but when I remove them from the basin they stack up again, removing the custom description and making it impossible for me to change it. Very frustrating.

Removing the [My Name] prevents them from stacking up again as I remove them from the basin, but it goes back to the original bug: when I split off items I created from a stack, it no longer sees that I created them.

This happens even when I re-enchant the items with something token like 20% weight reduction. When they stack up even after, I lose ownership when I split them off from the stack.

Thanks for the continued help.