[Closed] Cant join any servers

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

blank0502

[Closed] Cant join any servers

Post by blank0502 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:19 pm

Hi, I'm using the new NWN EE and have never played on your server before. (first character).
I get to the charecter creation part, go through all the shananigans of creating a charecter and click continue, and every time it goes to connect but puts me back to main menu with the message "Delete Charecter". I have tried doing about 10 charecters, some with really strange names and everytime the same thing. Any help would be great, Thanks

Teshil

Re: Cant join any servers

Post by Teshil » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:56 pm

Move nwncdkey.ini from your old nwn directory into Documents\Neverwinter Nights

Should do the trick.

Mithreas
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Mithreas » Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:57 am

Also, try changing player name. This will happen if you're trying to use a player name that someone else has already claimed.
xkcd.com is best viewed with Netscape Navigator 4.0 or below on a Pentium 3±1 emulated in Javascript on an Apple IIGS at a screen resolution of 1024x1.For security reasons, please leave caps lock on while browsing.

Baratan

Post by Baratan » Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:48 am

I'm trying to use my own playername, Ive tried all 3 CD keys Ive had and I cant get passed this error.

averse

Post by averse » Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:54 pm

I am having this problem as well. I am a new player and when I finish creating a character and hit the play button, I go to the delete character screen and then back to the NWN game start screen after that one.

I have a file named "cdkey.ini" in my documents/neverwinter nights folder already and I have tried several different character creations and usernames.

Valnagrad

Post by Valnagrad » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:15 am

Thank you, changing player name worked for my girlfriend, time to enjoy the best nwn server ever

LittleWeasel
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by LittleWeasel » Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:56 pm

First step, please follow these directions.

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=17387

If you do not have your old cd key fike any longer, please send me a PM with your current public cd key and the playername you wish to use to login with (playername, not character name).

If upon login you cannot change your player name, olease go into the file nwnplayer.ini and delete your playername in the correct line. (I’ll post screenshots there tomorrow if you cannot find it)

That should then allow you to pick new playernames on login. Make sure to untick “set as default”

Try various playernames.
Let me know if it still does not work.

LW
Don't take Life too seriously - you'll never get out of it alive...
Mind over Matter... now that I don't have a mind, it doesn't matter...
Ware the Wrath of the Weasel:
*nibble*
*cluck*