What Happened to Books

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

Sab1

What Happened to Books

Post by Sab1 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:12 am

Finding books (any books not just useful books) on bookshelves seems to be rare now. Instead I am finding a lot of scrolls. Is this suppose to happen? Was at the duergar library, found an infernal book, book of dead, and a lot of scrolls and that was it. Bloodmoon and Talassians all scrolls.
Last edited by Sab1 on Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

PinataPlethora

Re: What Happened to Books

Post by PinataPlethora » Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:14 am

It's been brought up. There have been changes to the bookshelf matrices, and it sounds like they're still working out the quirks.

Reports on specific areas that seem affected will probably help, but I wouldn't expect much to change until after the EE transition.

Sab1

Post by Sab1 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:47 am

I expect everything not major is on hold, I just didn't know if it had been brought up or not.

MalKalz
General Admin
General Admin

Post by MalKalz » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:51 pm

This is intentional. Book drops were reduced on bookshelves, as summoning books, book of dead, and other books that had spell uses were dropping too frequently. Scrolls have been introduced in the drops to add variety. Books still have a slightly higher frequency than other drops.

Discord: @malkalz
Determine your Public CD Key here
Can't see your vault? Have you migrated your accounts? If you have tried, and still can't see them, message me.