Monsters Keep Crashing Game

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

Kriema

Monsters Keep Crashing Game

Post by Kriema » Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:03 am

Like the title says, monsters keep crashing my game! I've only just started off, but whenever I get on the same screen with the Archive Imps in the place under the temple my game crashes. I can't log back on without crashing until my party clears them out. Is there any reason this should be happening? I've set my graphic settings to the lowest I can, turned off shiny water and made sure my drivers are all updated.

I could use the help, it's really making it hard to play.

RedGiant

Re: Monsters Keep Crashing Game

Post by RedGiant » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:06 am

Do you have anything wonky in your override folder?
The GrumpyCat wrote:I CLICK THE HOSTIBLE BUTTON NOW U ARE DED!
Irongron wrote:The slaughter, i am afraid, will not abate.

Lorkas

Post by Lorkas » Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:31 am

Yea, I'd suggest clearing out your override folder to see if that prevents the crash.

Kriema

Post by Kriema » Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:38 am

I cleared out my override folder entirely. I only had some portrait stuff in it. I just went and crashed again in the archives, and now I'm stuck there entirely until the monsters despawn.

Edit: If it helps at all, it's always in the big room with the book cases in the back where I crash. Whatever monster spawns in there is crashing me, mostly.

Lorkas

Post by Lorkas » Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:37 pm

It might be a corrupted file in your main install then. The opposite approach of figuring out which models those imps use and adding a mod version of the imp into your override folder might work. If not, you might need to do a fresh install.

Kriema

Post by Kriema » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:27 pm

Does anyone know what those might be? I don't mind fixing up every monster model in the game if it'll help, but reinstalling is a little beyond me right now. The games are on a physical disc and I don't have a disc drive currently.

Edit: I think it's something the imps are doing. Or maybe off-screen archive spiders. I'm not 100% sure. But just seeing the imps doesn't always cause a crash.

BegoneThoth

Post by BegoneThoth » Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:04 pm

Likely a corrupt file, a bit-flip would do it and those happen.

I'd just re-install if you know your hak/overrides are NOT causing it.
\