Randomly talking/emoting/logouts

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

BegoneThoth

Randomly talking/emoting/logouts

Post by BegoneThoth » Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:29 am

Past 24 hours or so my character has been just saying random stuff, such as things from the crafting menu, random numbers, and sometimes full emotes and speech. Likewise disconnects occur in these periods.

Asked around a bit and apparently this is a multiboxing thing? But I'm not multiboxing, and have seen other characters randomly spout numbers or name crafting items.

Either way it's very annoying to be in a conversation and suddenly randomly emote about my feminine lips or something then DC.
\

Dinosaur Space Program

Re: Randomly talking/emoting/logouts

Post by Dinosaur Space Program » Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:38 am

That is one way to make an impression.

I have experienced this myself many times in the past and I do not multibox myself. It was always in step with the server itself being laggy or having processing issues due to too much going on. We no longer have the crazy lag of the past, but there might still be a processing issue under the hood that is contributing. The victims, in my experience, tend to be completely random.
“The dinosaurs became extinct because they didn't have a space program. And if we become extinct because we don't have a space program, it'll serve us right!”
-Larry Niven

Historical Character List (Updated 9/20/19)