Firewall doesn't stack.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

Amineh123

Firewall doesn't stack.

Post by Amineh123 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:23 am

When cast on f.e. ruby deposit - multiple firewalls only hit like one. It did 'stack' before, so it's a bug, unless it changed?

Aelryn Bloodmoon
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Re: Firewall doesn't stack.

Post by Aelryn Bloodmoon » Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:24 am

Most (all? I'll come back if I find any exceptions and post about it) persistent aoe spells were changed to not stack with themselves. Mind you, you can still put multiple walls of fire very close to each other- I do it on my true flame all the time- and multiple different persistent aoe spells still stack.

So... Incendiary cloud wall of fire cloud of bewilderment can all be stacked in one spot, for example, if you're feeling particularly vicious.
Bane's tyranny is known throughout the continent, and his is the image most seen as the face of evil.
-Faiths and Pantheons (c)2002

Lorkas

Post by Lorkas » Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:22 am

Wall of Fire and Blade Barrier were explicitly mentioned as not having that stacking change, though. How recently did you notice it stacking as expected, Amineh123?

If it was only a very long time ago, it might be that somehow the stacking script triggers for WoF when it's cast on an object, but not when it's cast on the ground.

Amineh123

Post by Amineh123 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:12 pm

I was actually mistaken. I did cast Combust and Wall of flames on ruby deposit, and it was only Combust that made any damage. I tried to cast Wall of flames on a tree, and it also didn't do any damage.
I saw a post from @miesny_jez , maybe it's connected somehow?
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=16165&p=136096#p136096

I just checked it, and Wall of flames does not destroy barrels or crates as well.

EDIT:
Further tests - I cast on both fixture, and next to a fixture and it still does no damage. However, it did stack when a monster run through multiple firewalls.

Aelryn Bloodmoon
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Aelryn Bloodmoon » Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:10 am

Ahh, that's a separate update. One of the more recent updates is that certain persistent AoE spells that are were notorious for destroying loot were changed to no longer do so (they missed chain lightning, though :( ). I'm guessing that the same modification preventing that from happening is keeping you from damaging resources with Wall of Fire, in this case.

Possibly an unintended consequence, but I do like not having to worry about wall of firing my loot into nothingness!
Bane's tyranny is known throughout the continent, and his is the image most seen as the face of evil.
-Faiths and Pantheons (c)2002

Amineh123

Post by Amineh123 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:56 am

It was mentioned though, that fixtures are still destroyable.

miesny_jez

Post by miesny_jez » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:50 pm

Amineh123 wrote:I was actually mistaken. I did cast Combust and Wall of flames on ruby deposit, and it was only Combust that made any damage. I tried to cast Wall of flames on a tree, and it also didn't do any damage.
I saw a post from @miesny_jez , maybe it's connected somehow?
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=16165&p=136096#p136096

I just checked it, and Wall of flames does not destroy barrels or crates as well.

EDIT:
Further tests - I cast on both fixture, and next to a fixture and it still does no damage. However, it did stack when a monster run through multiple firewalls.
That is certainly related to the fix which I applied regarding the corpse damage.. but I did make an exclusion to include damage for the resource nodes.. hmm.. will take a look at this again.

miesny_jez

Post by miesny_jez » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:09 pm

OK Seems was an easy fix... change applied.

After reset You should again see AoE spells damage Placeables/Ores WHILE Ignoring corpses

Amineh123

Post by Amineh123 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:11 pm

Tested, works like a charm. Thanks miesny_jez!

miesny_jez

Post by miesny_jez » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:11 pm

Aelryn Bloodmoon wrote:.. (they missed chain lightning, though :( )..
I've pushed a new fix today for the Chain Lightning spell as well.

Additionally I've changed also that all of the spells* should now properly recognize a NPC/PC corpse and ignore it.

* This functionality may vary depending on how the spell is defined in the game, don't have the time to check all of them right now so if You see a damage spell which still damages a NPC corpse please report it.