Noble Background Bugged?

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

Shine On You Crazy Roguestone

Noble Background Bugged?

Post by Shine On You Crazy Roguestone » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:39 pm

Hey guys, I just spent a minor reward creating a noble character. After selecting the minor award Noble option, it sent me to the screen to select a regular background. I checked through the list and didn't see Noble listed among the options. Thinking it had already applied the noble background perhaps, and in the interest of avoiding a background conflict, I selected "No Background" from the list.

After creation was complete, I didn't see anything indicating the Noble background had been applied to my character. His race doesn't list (Noble) beside it, and there was nothing pertaining to nobility listed when examining his Innate Ability token. Making a second character confirmed that the reward was spent on the first character.

I'm a little concerned that my award got eaten, and that nothing happened. If I'm just not looking at the right spot, I'd appreciate some direction.

BrutalForce48

Re: Noble Background Bugged?

Post by BrutalForce48 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:43 am

Have another character examine you and it should be in green text at the bottom. I don't have time to link it but in updates thread is an explanation of Nobility award
Current- Kusisqa Kinraysapa, Bolgar Steelshadow
Former- Sol'vyr, Garmr Stonesoul, Kilinus

Morderon
Technical Lead
Technical Lead

Post by Morderon » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:47 am

You can check by seeing if you have the silver palm feat. As noble award grants silver palm

Shine On You Crazy Roguestone

Post by Shine On You Crazy Roguestone » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:04 am

Morderon wrote:You can check by seeing if you have the silver palm feat. As noble award grants silver palm
It's there. Thanks Morderon, I didn't know to look for Silver Palm. Looks as though everything went through fine.

One Two Three Five

Post by One Two Three Five » Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:45 am

Do grandfathered nobles get it or just award ones?
The devil does not need any more advocates
Clerics are just socially acceptable warlocks.

FoxyPigeon

Post by FoxyPigeon » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:52 am

Doesn't look like grandfathered nobles get the feat, no.