Warlock Eldritch Menu - Broken?

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

ArcanaFTW

Warlock Eldritch Menu - Broken?

Post by ArcanaFTW » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:14 pm

Having recently made a warlock, I've found that the menu where you select your eldritch blast type has gone.. Strange. At first, I started out with the fire eldritch blast, and upon checking the wiki, it seems as if it is supposed to be this way - except that, within the -warlock menu, it is described as [Do Magical damage]. When I got to level 4, instead of getting acid as the wiki says I should, I got magic under the title of [Do Fire damage].

Is this something that's just effecting me, or is this a universal bug?

Dreams

Re: Warlock Eldritch Menu - Broken?

Post by Dreams » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:47 am

Reported this a long time back when they changed up the damage types and the levels you get it. At the time I got told it's fine to use these until they're fixed in game.

You'll find that you basically have access to all damage types by the time you hit 8 instead of 12. Use the -warlock menu to select magic damage before you're meant to have it, or use -warlock fire/cold/type/etc to get the ones you're meant to have at whatever level.

Edit: Easiest fix for the devs is just to delete the -warlock conversation menu, because the command works without it.

Batrachophrenoboocosmomachia
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Warlock Eldritch Menu - Broken?

Post by Batrachophrenoboocosmomachia » Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:02 am

Pay no attention to that dialogue box. It's trying to trick you. Sneakily trying to escape notice too.

Just pushed the fix, should be behaving properly again as soon as it's live.

Done.