Inventory Eating Shop

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

Beernerd81

Inventory Eating Shop

Post by Beernerd81 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:41 pm

Hi there!

Yesterday I bought a shop. It was completely empty. It's the one at Darrowdeep called "Darrowdeep Wares." I loaded it with items, wands, weapons, decent stuff! Lo and behold, I came back a few hours later and my stuff is gone with no trace of gold in my account or the faction account I set up. This makes me sadface! Can you please help? Thanks in advance.
Hunter548 wrote:Variety is often overrated. Sucking at 15 things is not better than being good at 3.
Wytchee wrote:Please roleplay all classes listed on your character sheet.

pigman

Re: Inventory Eating Shop

Post by pigman » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:44 pm

Did someone in your faction loot it?

Twily
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Twily » Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:33 pm

Are you certain it's functioning as a permanent store and not a temporary store?

Are you certain the store saved your items when you closed it?
When opening the store, could you hear the sound effect of a container opening/closing?
(If the sound effect doesn't play, generally it means the container is stuck open and won't save your items as a result. By the next server reset any items added while broken would disappear)

Beernerd81

Post by Beernerd81 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:53 pm

I'm 100% positive it is a permanent store. I'm also certain nobody in the faction looted it as I have not added any other members yet. As for whether it saved, I really was not paying attention at the time so it is possible the shop was stuck open. Also since I put 100% of the items in the shop at the same time... that would do it.

Devs/DMs is there any way to verify?
Hunter548 wrote:Variety is often overrated. Sucking at 15 things is not better than being good at 3.

Irongron
Server Owner/Creative Lead
Server Owner/Creative Lead

Post by Irongron » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:37 pm

It may be simply a bugged shop, but we've been looking into this as it is an odd case. Will keep you informed if we get to the bottom of it.

WanderingPoet

Post by WanderingPoet » Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:03 am

Did it say the items saved when you closed it?
Path_of_Play wrote:Fear, intimidation, anger - All these, the tyrant's tools.
Laughter, encouragement, play - not simply just for fools.
These tools reveal,
More is learned,
From another in an hour of play,
Than in a year of contention.

Teshil

Post by Teshil » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:54 am

It’s probably as Yeto suggests. If you don’t see the “8 out of 20 items saved” after closing the shop container, the items are only there until crash or reset. It’s a horrible bug that happens to my shop too most days, but apparently it needs EE to fix.

See this thread for more: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=15889

Just keep an eagle eye out for the items saved message, and if you don’t see it, take out everything you added and wait until reset. Very annoying.

WanderingPoet

Post by WanderingPoet » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:41 pm

Generally speaking open/close your store before you manage it /at all/. Weird stuff is supposed to happen if you take things out of your store as well, although I can't say as to what actually happens in that case (something to do with them disappearing from your inventory and the store?)
Path_of_Play wrote:Fear, intimidation, anger - All these, the tyrant's tools.
Laughter, encouragement, play - not simply just for fools.
These tools reveal,
More is learned,
From another in an hour of play,
Than in a year of contention.

Beernerd81

Post by Beernerd81 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:30 pm

Thank you to those who are looking into it. I honestly do not recall if I got the "X out of 20 items saved" message or not. I'm going to put a few inexpensive items in the shop and see what happens.

StandingOnTheShouldersOfGiants

Post by StandingOnTheShouldersOfGiants » Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:41 am

I'm only mentioning this in case it is related. The bar shop in the Cathedral next to the hub in Andunor used occasionally to make all the items disappear if the owner timed out. Then when you bought the shop again, all the items would reappear. It didnt do this every time, but it did it more than once.

Beernerd81

Post by Beernerd81 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:30 am

Hi there! Update on this one!

So it loos like that shop is indeed getting "stuck open" more often than not. It will display the sale value of an item placed, but I get no green "X of 20 items saved." It happens so often that I have not yet placed anything in the shop because when I try, I find it bugged. Please help!

Twily
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Twily » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:57 am

If you hear a sound effect play when opening/closing it but it's still not saving items, it's probably not stuck open and is just not saving items. (this would require a dev to fix it)

If you hear the sound effect sometimes (and it saves items when there's a sound effect), but don't hear it other times (not saving items when silent), then it's a bioware bug that won't be fixed until EE.