Auto-looted Jewelry Disappearing

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

HD52

Auto-looted Jewelry Disappearing

Post by HD52 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:29 pm

Hello! I am experiencing a bug with the auto-loot system. I have an enchanted jewelry box. I turned on the auto-loot option to place jewelry in a possessed jewelry box. Unfortunately, I am not receiving the jewelry in my box or my inventory. I have ruled out bad luck: I've seen jewelry in looted corpse inventories before being "collected" and disappearing completely.

I have turned the option off and on again. I have also tried dropping my jewelry box and picking it back up. Jewelry still disappears when auto-looted.
Active:
Gone: Innogen, Arabella Herald, Urdin Taggul

Cybernet21

Re: Auto-looted Jewelry Disappearing

Post by Cybernet21 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:44 pm

Did you try selling what's in the box even if you do not see anything inside of it?Because i never really do look into my box after auto looting was implemented and i can still sell all of it,so if that bug yoy are saying is for everyone iy doesnt stop the jewelery from being sold
My family were all knights,but none protected those who cannot fight for themselves.They all cared about their noble status more than anything else.I would be a true knight,i would train on the ways of the paladin -Arcavius Ryde

MalKalz
General Admin
General Admin

Post by MalKalz » Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:29 pm

Can you try picking a bunch of jewelry up normally, then using their jewelry box's activated ability to add all the jewelry to the box. If it happens without the auto-loot function being on and continues to disappear than something else could be happening.

Discord: @malkalz
Determine your Public CD Key here
Can't see your vault? Have you migrated your accounts? If you have tried, and still can't see them, message me.

flower

Post by flower » Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:51 pm

I get no loot from Wharftown boys neither from Malarite cultists. I open body, and only these bronze weapons are in, no coins, gems, jewelry picked up at all. I turned off auto-looting but the no loot persists.

Edit: It did on other NPCs too.

MalKalz
General Admin
General Admin

Post by MalKalz » Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:53 pm

We are aware of that issue. But that isn’t what I was discussing above. They were mentioning items just disappearing on being picked up.

The stuff you mentioned will be resolved as soon as possible, Flower.

Discord: @malkalz
Determine your Public CD Key here
Can't see your vault? Have you migrated your accounts? If you have tried, and still can't see them, message me.

HD52

Post by HD52 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:04 pm

Cybernet21 wrote:Did you try selling what's in the box even if you do not see anything inside of it?Because i never really do look into my box after auto looting was implemented and i can still sell all of it,so if that bug yoy are saying is for everyone iy doesnt stop the jewelery from being sold
Yes, I have tried to sell jewelry using the option in the NPC dialogue. I receive nothing as there is nothing available.
DM Spyre wrote:Can you try picking a bunch of jewelry up normally, then using their jewelry box's activated ability to add all the jewelry to the box. If it happens without the auto-loot function being on and continues to disappear than something else could be happening.
I'll log in and try that now. I'll post the results!

EDIT: Ok, I manually picked up a greenstone ring and added it to my jewelry box using the dialogue option. It stored it correctly. I turned auto-loot back on and watched a copper necklace disappear from another corpse inventory. Upon checking the jewelry box, the only item inside was the greenstone ring.
Active:

yellowcateyes
Project Lead
Project Lead

Post by yellowcateyes » Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:56 pm

How recently was this jewelry box acquired?

Given other jewelry boxes are presently functioning with the auto-loot system, it may be an issue with the item. Try having a DM swap it out for a new one and see if the issue persists.
Dinosaur Space Program is my working partner on Arelith-related projects. If my inbox is full or I take a while to get back to you, feel free to PM them questions or concerns.

HD52

Post by HD52 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:59 pm

yellowcateyes wrote:How recently was this jewelry box acquired?

Given other jewelry boxes are presently functioning with the auto-loot system, it may be an issue with the item. Try having a DM swap it out for a new one and see if the issue persists.
I think that I received it 3-4 months ago. I will see if I can get it swapped.
Active:

HD52

Post by HD52 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:14 pm

Ok! I got it swapped out by DM Grumpycat. The new jewelry box works. DM Grumpycat confirmed that my old jewelry box was collecting jewelry. However, I could not view, withdraw, or sell it myself. DM Grumpycat sold it for me. Thanks for the help!
Active: