GSF Conjuration: Melf's Acid Arrow bug

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

legionetrangere

GSF Conjuration: Melf's Acid Arrow bug

Post by legionetrangere » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:45 am

Howdy

I have a wizard with the GSF Conjuration that relies on the Melf's Acid Arrow to deal damage, alongside his own summons. Given the fact that it is unlimited, i had two times already being unable to cast it at will, unless a new rest is made.
PayadorPerseguido

Seekeepeek

Re: GSF Conjuration: Melf's Acid Arrow bug

Post by Seekeepeek » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:50 am

Things may have changed since i played my mage,but for me it was normal to loss it after i lvl up from 1 to 20. Only a rest will fix it. The spell get "replaced" with a better version each time you lvl up, hence you "loss" it until to you rest.

Kirito

Post by Kirito » Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:01 pm

There are two issues at play.

When you level up the innate spell is removed and you are given a new one. This means you have to re-assign the infini-cast spells after level up.

Something happens (i think it's your conc. being broken that mainly causes the issue) and you are unable to cast the spell anymore. Effectively what happens is the spell is stopped before it is refreshed. Either resting OR casting another infini-cast innate spell will refresh the spell.

MalKalz
General Admin
General Admin

Post by MalKalz » Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:38 pm

Usually a rest is only needed when you get disrupted during the infinity casting which blanks it and you do not have another infinity spell. Using another infinity spell resets it. Other than that, Kirito is correct. Every time you level up you need to assign a new version of it to your quick slots.

Disrupting it can be anything from a knockdown to silence or otherwise.

Discord: @malkalz
Determine your Public CD Key here
Can't see your vault? Have you migrated your accounts? If you have tried, and still can't see them, message me.