Infinite spells are not Infinite.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

Atlantahammy

Infinite spells are not Infinite.

Post by Atlantahammy » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:35 am

Heey, I've noticed recently noticed (specially given it was pointed out to me, being a newbie and all) that my infinite spells for my mastered spells of Evocation, Enchantment, and Devination focai (Magic Missile, Blindess/deafness, and see invisible) are in fact, not infinite, and I need to rest once per-use to cast them, just like the normal ones...

I'm a Level 21 Wizard, and Level 4 Sorcerer, no other paths, generalist, my only other feats are Empower & Extend Spell, craft wand, and brew potion... and it's apparently been like this since took the focai feats, sometime in October or November of this year.

Dr_Hazard89

Re: Infinite spells are not Infinite.

Post by Dr_Hazard89 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:45 am

Are you using the spells from your spellbook, or the ones from your radial menu?

If you right click and open up a radial menu, somewhere in special abilities you should have the infinite versions of the spells (they also do not seem to scale with level in regards to SR, and cannot be used on fixtures.)
Characters: Xun'sali (ACTIVE), Tianae Tymeaneldth (Rolled), Sylali (Rolled), Magpie (Rolled), Ker'uanna Tymeaneldth (Rolled), Lepota Poklona (Rolled), Andariel Bloodletter (Shelved), Tahl'tril Cyredrretyn (Rolled), L'omithiel (Shelved).

Atlantahammy

Post by Atlantahammy » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:01 am

Dr_Hazard89 wrote:Are you using the spells from your spellbook, or the ones from your radial menu?

If you right click and open up a radial menu, somewhere in special abilities you should have the infinite versions of the spells (they also do not seem to scale with level in regards to SR, and cannot be used on fixtures.)
Radial menu, I just have them slotted onto the quick bar.

Kirito

Post by Kirito » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:15 am

Just to make sure... by chance, do you have them in your memorised spell list (at one copy each)?
(they're found at something like position 7 of the radial menu - opposite side to the spell book)

Atlantahammy

Post by Atlantahammy » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:21 am

Kirito wrote:Just to make sure... by chance, do you have them in your memorised spell list (at one copy each)?
(they're found at something like position 7 of the radial menu - opposite side to the spell book)
This one, I don't normally keep them prepped in my spell book, specially since I found out I could cast them without the limit... but course haven't been able to do that <xD

(Heads up, heading to bed, may not get a reply from this post, till the morning)

Kirito

Post by Kirito » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:41 am

Thanks, odd that that broke...

Xuuldar

Post by Xuuldar » Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:50 pm

Maybe you already fixed it but I just tested with my wizard and I can infinite cast my 3 spells without issue.

BegoneThoth

Post by BegoneThoth » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:11 pm

Mine breaks a lot. I have to rest or re-log to fix it.
\

Xuuldar

Post by Xuuldar » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:36 pm

Don't get me wrong, they can and do break occasionally. Usually if you have more than 1, after the first one breaks if you cast one of the others it resets the first one (usually, not always). But I didn't get the sense that the occasional break/bug out was what the OP was referring to but more that the entire system was broken and not working at all but I could be wrong.

Atlantahammy

Post by Atlantahammy » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:15 pm

Xuuldar wrote:Don't get me wrong, they can and do break occasionally. Usually if you have more than 1, after the first one breaks if you cast one of the others it resets the first one (usually, not always). But I didn't get the sense that the occasional break/bug out was what the OP was referring to but more that the entire system was broken and not working at all but I could be wrong.
Yeah mines never worked, despite which of the three I cast, never had it "reset" ether.

Improv

Post by Improv » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:44 pm

I assume you are replacing the quickslot with new versions every time you level up?

And are you multiclass warlock or anything like that? This screws things up.

Freyason

Post by Freyason » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:15 pm

On my FS if spell gets interrupted it takes a casting of that spell away (if you only have 1 cast then it's at 0). If you cast same level spell again it resets to full number (obviously unless you only had 1 so you're down to 0). Maybe this is related?

One Two Three Five

Post by One Two Three Five » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:22 pm

I think if the infinispells for mages were set at 2, not 1, this would stop happening maybe?
The devil does not need any more advocates
Clerics are just socially acceptable warlocks.

Wytchee
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Wytchee » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:10 pm

One Two Three Five wrote:I think if the infinispells for mages were set at 2, not 1, this would stop happening maybe?
IIRC that's not mechanically possible.

I just want ESF infinite spells on cooldown already but the dev who was working on magic-stuffs isn't bothering with Arelith anymore.
Current character: Abigail Duskwood

Kirito

Post by Kirito » Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:44 am

After a little dm testing it looks like an issue with multi classing with sorc. (Why you do that anyway?) Ill check the code tomorrow

greatfanfare

Post by greatfanfare » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:03 am

Please, do not put cooldown on the infinite spells, it's not like you can kill giants en masse by spamming acid arrow and doing nothing else.

Kirito

Post by Kirito » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:11 am

greatfanfare wrote:Please, do not put cooldown on the infinite spells, it's not like you can kill giants en masse by spamming acid arrow and doing nothing else.
Where did that come from??

No plans for that (at least not for the ones there are currently)

greatfanfare

Post by greatfanfare » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:18 am

The post just before your previous one.

Oh, btw, is the little exploit I reported to you fixed?

Kirito

Post by Kirito » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:21 am

greatfanfare wrote:The post just before your previous one.

Oh, btw, is the little exploit I reported to you fixed?
PM me which exploit... I lose track of who's said what ;)

And the post you refer to is talking about the Epic Spell Focus bonus spells that are on a cool down timer... what bonus spells you say?... exactly ;)

Kirito

Post by Kirito » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:36 am

Atlantahammy wrote:Heey, I've noticed recently noticed (specially given it was pointed out to me, being a newbie and all) that my infinite spells for my mastered spells of Evocation, Enchantment, and Devination focai (Magic Missile, Blindess/deafness, and see invisible) are in fact, not infinite, and I need to rest once per-use to cast them, just like the normal ones...

I'm a Level 21 Wizard, and Level 4 Sorcerer, no other paths, generalist, my only other feats are Empower & Extend Spell, craft wand, and brew potion... and it's apparently been like this since took the focai feats, sometime in October or November of this year.
Seems to be that the bonus spells are being added twice (once for sorc and once for mage) which might be causing issues.