Riding - Spell Failure

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

Emotionaloverload
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Riding - Spell Failure

Post by Emotionaloverload » Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:27 am

Hi!

When mounting the horse at the Campsite, my hin got the attribute "Spell Failure' however dismounting it didn't remove it, neither did relogging. Even resting doesn't fix it.

-S
Formerly; Echo Hemlocke-Ralkai, Joshua Colt, Namil Evanara, Elanor Shortwick, Sawyer Brook, Kaylessa Dree, Sines Oliver Selakiir, Birgitta Birdie Swordhill, Bella Weartherbee, Arael Laceflower, Corbin, Rupert Silveroak, Hadi the Slave and others.

If Valor Were Inches

Re: Riding - Spell Failure

Post by If Valor Were Inches » Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:43 am

I suffer the same bug.

Miaou

Post by Miaou » Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:57 am

Horses are randomly going hostile as well. Experienced with the horses on the Cities server near the Surface server transition to the Tower. Also, horses have had name changes and there are apparently different types of horses. Unsure if this was a shadow update, or pushed through accidentally.

Kirito

Post by Kirito » Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:01 am

Emotionaloverload wrote:Hi!

When mounting the horse at the Campsite, my hin got the attribute "Spell Failure' however dismounting it didn't remove it, neither did relogging. Even resting doesn't fix it.

-S
Should be fixed next time the code goes live and servers restart

Kirito

Post by Kirito » Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:03 am

Miaou wrote:Horses are randomly going hostile as well. Experienced with the horses on the Cities server near the Surface server transition to the Tower. Also, horses have had name changes and there are apparently different types of horses. Unsure if this was a shadow update, or pushed through accidentally.
More delayed due to sleep :)

Horses should no longer go hostile when fighting others (after code goes live/ reset etc)

BegoneThoth

Post by BegoneThoth » Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:58 am

went for a night ride.

have spell failure now. is it forever? character sheet reads 0 but its still on my icon bar.
\

flower

Post by flower » Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:02 am

It is still bugged. It was written mounted combat would remove ASF but i still receive it with the feat.

Is the list of horses and least description of what they offer availeble?

MalKalz
General Admin
General Admin

Post by MalKalz » Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:02 am

Please note that the servers haven’t reset.
Last edited by MalKalz on Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Discord: @malkalz
Determine your Public CD Key here
Can't see your vault? Have you migrated your accounts? If you have tried, and still can't see them, message me.

flower

Post by flower » Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:06 am

I am just pointing out another side of the bug, as feat is to remove that penalty. In case Kirito would overlook that.

MalKalz
General Admin
General Admin

Post by MalKalz » Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:23 am

Kirito wrote:New horses have been released into the wilds of Arelith.

Depending who you are, they will have a positive (or negative) affect on whether they will let you stay on them. (E.g. someone riding a little pack horse will mostly be fine trotting along the roads with anyone on their back... however an elven horse will not like being ridden by a half orc.)

Different breeds will also have an effect on the speed you will travel (along with non-DEX ride at a rate of 1%/3 skill) with pack horses being slowest (10% increase) and wild horses fastest (30% increase).

(Also fixed a bug that meant spell failure from previous update wasn't applying... however it appears to be making up for lost time and is staying around too much now! - fixed and waiting to go live)
There you go.

Discord: @malkalz
Determine your Public CD Key here
Can't see your vault? Have you migrated your accounts? If you have tried, and still can't see them, message me.

Kirito

Post by Kirito » Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:39 am

flower wrote:It is still bugged. It was written mounted combat would remove ASF but i still receive it with the feat.

Is the list of horses and least description of what they offer availeble?
There are
Pack Horse
Horse
Arcane steed
Warhorse
Destroyer (heavy war horse)
Elven steed
Wild Horse

Currently it's just varying speed and when the horse decides it doesn't like you on its back (more to come still)

Also arcane steeds don't add spell failure.

flower

Post by flower » Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:54 am

From Irongron:

- Riders suffer from 10% Spell Failure unless they have the Mounted Combat feat.

That is what i meant in first place :)

yellowcateyes
Project Lead
Project Lead

Post by yellowcateyes » Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:42 pm

Kirito has added a fix for the lingering Spell Failure chance. Let us know if this is still an issue after the next reset.
Dinosaur Space Program is my working partner on Arelith-related projects. If my inbox is full or I take a while to get back to you, feel free to PM them questions or concerns.

Emotionaloverload

Post by Emotionaloverload » Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:59 am

Kirito wrote:Also arcane steeds don't add spell failure.
The Arcane Steeds at the Tower still give Spell Failure when mounted.

EDIT: Upon dismounting, the horse read 'Jousting horse' even though its from the Arcane Tower which is likely the reason for the spell failure!

Thank you,
-S
Formerly; Echo Hemlocke-Ralkai, Joshua Colt, Namil Evanara, Elanor Shortwick, Sawyer Brook, Kaylessa Dree, Sines Oliver Selakiir, Birgitta Birdie Swordhill, Bella Weartherbee, Arael Laceflower, Corbin, Rupert Silveroak, Hadi the Slave and others.

Kirito

Post by Kirito » Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:58 am

Emotionaloverload wrote:
Kirito wrote:Also arcane steeds don't add spell failure.
The Arcane Steeds at the Tower still give Spell Failure when mounted.

EDIT: Upon dismounting, the horse read 'Jousting horse' even though its from the Arcane Tower which is likely the reason for the spell failure!

Thank you,
-S
I'm not sure if the arcane steeds were updated yet (well, any of the surface server. :)

flower

Post by flower » Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:56 pm

Ok not sure if it is updated, few bugs out there:

Pack horses on cordor server fail to create horse when you dismount or got thrown off.

It says something about failure to create horse.

Also. I get arcane spell failure even when i have mounted combat feat, on mounting.

Kirito

Post by Kirito » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:53 pm

flower wrote:Ok not sure if it is updated, few bugs out there:

Pack horses on cordor server fail to create horse when you dismount or got thrown off.

It says something about failure to create horse.

Also. I get arcane spell failure even when i have mounted combat feat, on mounting.
I have a feeling the module might have been populated with the wrong horse... where do you get your pack horses from ? (and do they have penguin portraits?)

flower

Post by flower » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:24 pm

From the cordorian stables. I dont remember their portraits.

Kirito

Post by Kirito » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:36 pm

flower wrote:Also. I get arcane spell failure even when i have mounted combat feat, on mounting.
Found the issue, logic issue when checking for mounted combat or arcane steed >.<

Should work next time code is sent to servers & reset.

(in the mean time, the new arcane steeds will work if they're in)

Rivace_Silver

Post by Rivace_Silver » Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:40 am

As of this morning, My character still has the Spell failure debuff from riding a horse (does not appear to be applying the -% to my character sheet but sometimes I cast a spell and it either give me feedback for (Spell Failed! ) .. or (spell failed due to arcane spellcasting failure) I posted a screen in the bug forum

Here it is again, Im not sure if this is related: https://m.imgur.com/a/rjagU
-That one time that Stath did that one thing and it was funny...

-We cannot all be the hero, some have to be the normal folk who make others heros..

- we are all the protagonist of our own stories.

Kirito

Post by Kirito » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:15 am

Emotionaloverload wrote:Hi!

-S
This is fixed now, discounting removes the ADD
(Arcane Steeds do not exist yet... well, they do but they are the old ones. New ones don't have yellow jousting barring and don't turn into jousting horses when you dismount)

Kirito

Post by Kirito » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:17 am

Rivace_Silver wrote:As of this morning, My character still has the Spell failure debuff from riding a horse (does not appear to be applying the -% to my character sheet but sometimes I cast a spell and it either give me feedback for (Spell Failed! ) .. or (spell failed due to arcane spellcasting failure) I posted a screen in the bug forum

Here it is again, Im not sure if this is related: https://m.imgur.com/a/rjagU
We're you on a horse still? Are you sure this isn't related to the spellsword ASF and greensteel?

Rivace_Silver

Post by Rivace_Silver » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:02 am

Im not sure,

As of today it seems to be fixed, and the ASF on greensteel is fixed as well. I no longer have the debuff from riding a horse either.
-That one time that Stath did that one thing and it was funny...

-We cannot all be the hero, some have to be the normal folk who make others heros..

- we are all the protagonist of our own stories.

Kirito

Post by Kirito » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:22 am

If all is fixed, all is good :)

flower

Post by flower » Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:27 am

Kirito, is possible to fix the size of rider? Right now it has size of a dragon. The template is bigger than rider's model. when you want to pass between two characters you are unable even when the model would easily fit between them.

On top this size remains on dismounted PC until re-log.