Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

CragOrion
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Quests: Darrowdeep

Post by CragOrion » Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:02 am

My quest doesn't give me credit for killing the king of ghouls
The objective is "putting him to rest"
do I have to be the one that swings the killing blow? My summon has killed it twice with no credit

Celestia Silverarms
Karynn Eldafire

ExperimentAlpha

Re: Quests: Darrowdeep

Post by ExperimentAlpha » Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:41 am

I have had similar issues with the Goblinoid Fortress quest. Pary member killed the chieftan, did not get credit.

MalKalz
General Admin
General Admin

Post by MalKalz » Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:53 am

ExperimentAlpha wrote:I have had similar issues with the Goblinoid Fortress quest. Pary member killed the chieftan, did not get credit.
For example, Aragorn has a quest to kill ten Orcs, and has slain three of them. Legolas has just accepted that same quest and encounters Aragorn; the two decide to join forces. Three orc kills later, Aragorn has slain 6 of the 10 orcs needed to fulfill his quest, while Legolas has slain 3 of the 10 orcs needed to fulfill his quest.
Just posting that here. You have to be the one to do the final blow.

Discord: @malkalz
Determine your Public CD Key here
Can't see your vault? Have you migrated your accounts? If you have tried, and still can't see them, message me.

viper92225

Post by viper92225 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:21 am

DM Spyre wrote:
For example, Aragorn has a quest to kill ten Orcs, and has slain three of them. Legolas has just accepted that same quest and encounters Aragorn; the two decide to join forces. Three orc kills later, Aragorn has slain 6 of the 10 orcs needed to fulfill his quest, while Legolas has slain 3 of the 10 orcs needed to fulfill his quest.
Just posting that here. You have to be the one to do the final blow.
This example may not reflect how it is actually working, but the example you quoted says the exact opposite of needing to be the one that deals the final blow. In the quoted example player 1 has 3 kills before partying with player 2, 3 kills later they are at 6 kills and 3 kills respectively. That is fairly explicit in that kills are shared between party members for credit.

yellowcateyes
Project Lead
Project Lead

Post by yellowcateyes » Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:12 pm

Kills by party members will count to your quest total, although you must be in the same area when they occur.

There has been some issue with logging kills caused by summons. Let us know if the problem persists.
Dinosaur Space Program is my working partner on Arelith-related projects. If my inbox is full or I take a while to get back to you, feel free to PM them questions or concerns.

ExperimentAlpha

Post by ExperimentAlpha » Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:27 pm

Can confirm, my summon just killed the Ghoul King and I didn't get credit. :/

yellowcateyes
Project Lead
Project Lead

Post by yellowcateyes » Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:51 pm

A possible fix went in yesterday. Let us know if summon kills still aren't properly being counted for quest tallying.
Dinosaur Space Program is my working partner on Arelith-related projects. If my inbox is full or I take a while to get back to you, feel free to PM them questions or concerns.

Purplemyst
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Purplemyst » Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:20 pm

I have done to quest today and it doesn't seem to be completing the locate part.

ExperimentAlpha

Post by ExperimentAlpha » Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:22 am

When I get on I'll give the Barrows another run, I'll see if my summon can kill the boss and get credit.

redriver

Post by redriver » Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:43 am

Summon killed the king of ghouls just now, didnt work for fulfilling the quest.

yellowcateyes
Project Lead
Project Lead

Post by yellowcateyes » Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:29 pm

After investigation, it seems the bug is with the 'King of the Ghouls' objective and not summons themselves. This will be fixed.

In the meantime, let us know if you have trouble using summons in quests elsewhere.

yellowcateyes
Project Lead
Project Lead

Post by yellowcateyes » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:12 pm

The Darrowdeep barrows quest has been fixed.

legionetrangere

Post by legionetrangere » Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:04 pm

I just finished the Darrowdeep ''fetid hole ''with my wizard. My dire bear gave the final hit that killed the King of Ghouls. I checked the objectives, all of them are complete with the exception of killing the king, so i can't complete it. What i'm doing wrong?

PS: i still got the head to prove it :)
PayadorPerseguido

yellowcateyes
Project Lead
Project Lead

Post by yellowcateyes » Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:15 pm

legionetrangere wrote:I just finished the Darrowdeep ''fetid hole ''with my wizard. My dire bear gave the final hit that killed the King of Ghouls. I checked the objectives, all of them are complete with the exception of killing the king, so i can't complete it. What i'm doing wrong?

PS: i still got the head to prove it :)
It looks like the quest is working but summon final hits sometimes do not count for objectives. We'll be looking into making the quests more summons-friendly.

legionetrangere

Post by legionetrangere » Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:23 pm

Should i do the barrow again then? Or can you guys alter the status of the quest for me? (no harm asking, i had to go there three times to get it done, lol)
PayadorPerseguido

yellowcateyes
Project Lead
Project Lead

Post by yellowcateyes » Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:25 pm

When Bad Things Happen to Good Adventurers.

legionetrangere

Post by legionetrangere » Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:28 pm

yellowcateyes wrote:When Bad Things Happen to Good Adventurers.
Aww, okay. Got it. A quick question about these quests: I have done the "Clear the sewer gang", in fact it was one of the first i did it. But now I have checked and i can do it again, whereas i thought it would be removed from the available list after i completed it. Is this the way it should be?
PayadorPerseguido

yellowcateyes
Project Lead
Project Lead

Post by yellowcateyes » Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:54 pm

Each quest has a 1-day cooldown of when it's available, starting when you accept the quest.

So you can repeat the same quest later. Or again if it took you over a day to finish it.