Crafting Points

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

Emotionaloverload
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Crafting Points

Post by Emotionaloverload » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:51 pm

Hi,

I used CP on my character Bella Weatherbee 4 hours ago. Before the reset just now, it said there was over an hour to wait before the points returned however now, after reset, it says that the points will be back in 2 hours and 23mins (with zero points showing).

Thank you!
-S
Formerly; Echo Hemlocke-Ralkai, Joshua Colt, Namil Evanara, Elanor Shortwick, Sawyer Brook, Kaylessa Dree, Sines Oliver Selakiir, Birgitta Birdie Swordhill, Bella Weartherbee, Arael Laceflower, Corbin, Rupert Silveroak, Hadi the Slave and others.

Teshil

Re: Crafting Points

Post by Teshil » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:22 pm

I'm having this issue too. I logged out when it said 2 hours left, logged back in in 2 hours, and it said 2 hours left again.

Gods_Kill_People

Post by Gods_Kill_People » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:54 pm

this is a constant problem

One Two Three Five

Post by One Two Three Five » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:01 pm

I'm willing to bet its harder to fix than you think it is, else it would've been fixed by now. Since some breed of it's been happening as long as I can remember, at least, post server split.
The devil does not need any more advocates
Clerics are just socially acceptable warlocks.

Teshil

Post by Teshil » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:12 pm

Looking at City and Planes uptime shows it must have reset between my logins. So apparently this is just the old problem of reset adding to the craft cooldown.

Thanks for looking into it for us!

Emotionaloverload

Post by Emotionaloverload » Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:59 pm

Okay, so it seems I've broke this extra hard since just about every reset this week Bella's crafting points have been borked (then kindly reset by the Queen). She has the crafting gift and has points in craft armor/weapon so that may be the cause.

There have been instances where her points behaved strangely, like the previous week during a series of crashes during which they reset early.

EDIT: New bug. This points reset my character only received 46 points.

Sorry, I break everything!
-S
Formerly; Echo Hemlocke-Ralkai, Joshua Colt, Namil Evanara, Elanor Shortwick, Sawyer Brook, Kaylessa Dree, Sines Oliver Selakiir, Birgitta Birdie Swordhill, Bella Weartherbee, Arael Laceflower, Corbin, Rupert Silveroak, Hadi the Slave and others.

Dunshine
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Dunshine » Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:09 pm

Any chance the summary of your base ranks for Craft Armor and Craft Weapon is an odd number?

Emotionaloverload

Post by Emotionaloverload » Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:34 pm

Dunshine wrote:Any chance the summary of your base ranks for Craft Armor and Craft Weapon is an odd number?
Nope, I made sure to put them both up by two each time so they would be the same and even.

-S

Dunshine
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Dunshine » Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:36 pm

Hmm, then let me know if the problem persists after next craft time-out for you. The database doesn't show any weird values, so other then server time sync issues messing with the reset times, I see no other issues.

Beernerd81

Post by Beernerd81 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:47 am

Hi there!

Just letting you know that resets seem to be tacking on time to my crafting cooldown also.
Hunter548 wrote:Variety is often overrated. Sucking at 15 things is not better than being good at 3.
Wytchee wrote:Please roleplay all classes listed on your character sheet.

Emotionaloverload

Post by Emotionaloverload » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:43 am

This just happened again on this reset so it is confirmed as happening every reset : (

-S

Teshil

Post by Teshil » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:00 am

It seems mixed to me. I’ve seen a reset add 2 hours to the countdown, then once this weekend it removed 20 minutes. Perhaps they’re working on it?

Emotionaloverload

Post by Emotionaloverload » Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:40 am

I'm not sure if this will help but usually the crafting timer restarts when you use your points (even one) however today my crafting timer started counting down upon logging in even though no point was ever used. And then after the points were used (this might not have been the reason, it may have been fast to start with but the points were used), the timer sped up which resulted in the points respawning early.

-S

Lorkas

Post by Lorkas » Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:11 am

It seems to start the countdown when you use -date.