Yoink & Components

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

Dr_Hazard89

Yoink & Components

Post by Dr_Hazard89 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:15 pm

Unsuccessful yoink still eats spell components. It also still seems to break yoink, and will eat components on further tries. I'm sending -yoink through tell.
Characters: Xun'sali (ACTIVE), Tianae Tymeaneldth (Rolled), Sylali (Rolled), Magpie (Rolled), Ker'uanna Tymeaneldth (Rolled), Lepota Poklona (Rolled), Andariel Bloodletter (Shelved), Tahl'tril Cyredrretyn (Rolled), L'omithiel (Shelved).

miesny_jez

Re: Yoink & Components

Post by miesny_jez » Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:02 am

I will look into this

miesny_jez

Post by miesny_jez » Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:24 pm

Can You explain me what do You mean by break yoink?

You mean that if its unsuccessful - it blocks Your character of Yoinking someone else yes?
Does it clear after You relog/rest ? Does it clear if You switch servers ?

Whats the output message You are seeing after having Your Yonk break?

Sorry never had a Yonker character :)

Nitro

Post by Nitro » Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:39 pm

If the person refuses the -yoink by simply hitting the escape key rather than selecting 'No', then the caster will be unable to use that spell until a reset.

Don't know if this happens if you try to -yoink someone doing another script action (Sitting for example), but it does block the -yoink from going through.

Dr_Hazard89

Post by Dr_Hazard89 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:11 pm

miesny_jez wrote:Can You explain me what do You mean by break yoink?

You mean that if its unsuccessful - it blocks Your character of Yoinking someone else yes?
Does it clear after You relog/rest ? Does it clear if You switch servers ?

Whats the output message You are seeing after having Your Yonk break?

Sorry never had a Yonker character :)
I attempted to yoink a character who was ready for the yoink. I sent -yoink to them in a tell, as per usual (I've had 3 yoinkers before). The animation plays, the components are gobbled up and I waited. Nothing happened, so I asked them if they got the yoink OOCly, and they said no. I tried a second time but this time it said "You must first finish casting a spell before you can cast another." or something along those lines, and ate even more components. I was unable to yoink again until a reset happened.
Nitro wrote:Don't know if this happens if you try to -yoink someone doing another script action (Sitting for example), but it does block the -yoink from going through.
They may have been sitting on the ground by using -sit.
Characters: Xun'sali (ACTIVE), Tianae Tymeaneldth (Rolled), Sylali (Rolled), Magpie (Rolled), Ker'uanna Tymeaneldth (Rolled), Lepota Poklona (Rolled), Andariel Bloodletter (Shelved), Tahl'tril Cyredrretyn (Rolled), L'omithiel (Shelved).

BegoneThoth

Post by BegoneThoth » Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:07 pm

Oh is that why that's happened? I was unable to summon someone for this reason because they said they tried to use the bank right before I summoned them. I assume the bank dialogue closed the yoink message and then I was getting "You must first finish casting a spell before you can cast another."
\

miesny_jez

Post by miesny_jez » Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:42 am

OK I think I have resolved those issues with Yoink. Will see how it works when they will go live.