Crafting time error

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

Gods_Kill_People

Crafting time error

Post by Gods_Kill_People » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:29 pm

So rather then the 2 1/2 hours as normal, its going anywhere from 3-4 hours now as displayed here.

https://imgur.com/a/3F2jX

Teshil

Re: Crafting time error

Post by Teshil » Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:36 am

Getting this too, since reset.

MalKalz
General Admin
General Admin

Post by MalKalz » Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:22 am

That’s likely a reset caused issue as I do not believe there has been any change to the code. This is most likely a result of the times of the servers catching up to one another. However, yellowcateyes would answer it best.

Discord: @malkalz
Determine your Public CD Key here
Can't see your vault? Have you migrated your accounts? If you have tried, and still can't see them, message me.

Lorkas

Post by Lorkas » Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:15 am

For me the extended cooldown time appears when I use CP on the C&P server and then check my refresh tome on the surface server. If I go back to C&P then the CP refresh at the expected tome.

Just a syncing problem between servers as far as I can tell.

yellowcateyes
Project Lead
Project Lead

Post by yellowcateyes » Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:23 am

The crafting point system makes use of timestamps on individual characters. These are stored fairly reliably.

On the other hand, the server clocks tend to be set backwards whenever there is a reset or crash. Since the crafting system compares the time stamps to the current server time, this leads to situations where the refresh duration is longer than it should be.

It's always worked like this - it just hasn't been that obvious or visible prior to the addition of timers to -date. Either way, there's no easy solution to server clocks being rolled back after a crash or a reset, so it's just something to be aware of.
Dinosaur Space Program is my working partner on Arelith-related projects. If my inbox is full or I take a while to get back to you, feel free to PM them questions or concerns.

Lorkas

Post by Lorkas » Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:38 am

@yellowcateyes
I have observed it when there was no crash or reset between using the CP and using -date, but as I said above, it has happened many times when I've swapped from C&P to server before checking.

Teshil

Post by Teshil » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:40 am

Oh, that makes sense. Thanks!

yellowcateyes
Project Lead
Project Lead

Post by yellowcateyes » Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:41 pm

Lorkas wrote:@yellowcateyes
I have observed it when there was no crash or reset between using the CP and using -date, but as I said above, it has happened many times when I've swapped from C&P to server before checking.
C&P and Surface often have gaps between their server clocks. I believe Dunshine is looking into the matter. If you send him info, he might appreciate the data.
Dinosaur Space Program is my working partner on Arelith-related projects. If my inbox is full or I take a while to get back to you, feel free to PM them questions or concerns.

Gods_Kill_People

Post by Gods_Kill_People » Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:42 pm

ok, so just before reset I had 15 mins, come back after, im back to an hour and a half....this is seriously aggravating when your working on orders that have 500+ crafting points >.<

Teshil

Post by Teshil » Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:15 am

Each reset does seem to add an hour and a half.