Super Mondo Bad Lag

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

FrozenSolid

Super Mondo Bad Lag

Post by FrozenSolid » Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:34 pm

Hi,

I've been having terrible lag spikes that are exclusive to Arelith, a few examples

1. Last night my ping on C&P was 3,200. Surface ping was normal. This lag lasted about 40 minutes and was exclusive to Arelith. My internet was fuctioning normally and I had no background programs running.

At the time of the spike I was in a quarter in Cordor and had been for several hours. My character did not interact with any objects or pick up anything new. The lag had no build up it just dropped

This was roughly 11:00pm -2am U.s Central time. It passed later whilr I was still in the quarter

2. I've had similar experiences on the Surface, in the lost desert on an adventure it dropped for about 15 minutes. I hadnt done anything abnormal and the lag persisted through areas. This happened around Mid day, I don't have the exact times.

My Pc and ISP
I'm using a windows 10 pc relatively new so there are no hardware issues. I also have a windows 10 Laptop, and I've found that the lag persists even if I change computers.

I also have two different ISPs the lag does not seem to be tied to either ISP as both, when logging on Arelith, will be severely slow. But only woth Arelith.

So I've had this happen 3-4 times? i dont have enough details on the other two situations to properly report them. But the lag really makes interacting impossible 3,200 ping is just a liiiiiittle but of an issue.
*Didn't just do that* As an arrow flies hitting someone in the face.

susitsu

Re: Super Mondo Bad Lag

Post by susitsu » Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:37 pm

This has also been happening to me, but not my friends. So you are not alone.

Xuuldar

Post by Xuuldar » Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:48 pm

I was having some big issues a month or so ago with massive lag spikes to the point were I was barely able to play. As a last ditch effort I reinstalled NWN and set up Arelith in a new folder from scratch.

Since then the game has been running better than I ever really thought possible. All the lag, stutters, delays on zone, all gone. Not sure if it will work the same for you but it's worth a try. Good luck!

FrozenSolid

Post by FrozenSolid » Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:10 pm

Xuuldar wrote:I was having some big issues a month or so ago with massive lag spikes to the point were I was barely able to play. As a last ditch effort I reinstalled NWN and set up Arelith in a new folder from scratch.

Since then the game has been running better than I ever really thought possible. All the lag, stutters, delays on zone, all gone. Not sure if it will work the same for you but it's worth a try. Good luck!
That's might be an idea, maybe some sort of file is corrupt, but it afffects 2 of my pcs with different files? I'll try it out

The GrumpyCat
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Post by The GrumpyCat » Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:47 pm

So this might be a really dumb suggestion and one you've tried already but - have you tried resetting your router? sometimes mine gets clogged up with date and it's fixed with a reset? Just an idea.
This too shall pass.

(I now have a DM Discord (I hope) It's DM GrumpyCat#7185 but please keep in mind I'm very busy IRL so I can't promise how quick I'll get back to you.)

susitsu

Post by susitsu » Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:02 pm

Ive done that many times. Admittedly, I have a bad router.

FrozenSolid

Post by FrozenSolid » Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:44 am

I have yes, and with 2 ISP's I have 2 separate routes, both of them experience the same lag issues.