Spellsword, Imbue Weapon Bugs

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

Twily
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Spellsword, Imbue Weapon Bugs

Post by Twily » Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:37 am

The electric imbue for spellswords is not functioning properly.

Electric
1) Sometimes when you strike an enemy, nothing happens. No visible saving throw, no visual effect, etc.

2) Sometimes when you strike an enemy and it does activate, regardless of whether or not the enemy you hit passes the save, the damage doesn't chain to nearby enemies, even although the visual effect does chain to nearby foes. (No visible saving throws for any enemies aside from the initial one you hit, despite the chain visual effect hitting multiple foes)

3) Sometimes a single enemy rolls the saving throw more than once*, although they only take damage if they fail the first saving throw. (they don't take any damage from the second saving throw, regardless of what they roll on either the first or the second)
*I've seen anywhere between 1 and 4 saving throws for the same enemy

4) Sometimes the chain lightning will hit more than one target, but will stop after targeting only 2 or 3 enemies, even when there's 4 or more right next to eachother. When this does happen, the chain lightning visual usually does hit a larger number of foes than there were saving throws, like in issue 2 (even with the second tier imbue, which should in theory be able to hit up to 6)

5) Sometimes the chain lightning also hits and destroys loot as well.

I haven't been able to find a single pattern yet as to when it functions each way, but it's not uncommon for all five of these to happen over the course of a single fight.

Acid
1) The lingering Acidic effect doesn't seem to work, I never see any damage of any sort dealt after the initial impact.

I can get screenshots of each happening if it's needed.

Iceborn

Re: Spellsword, Imbue Weapon Bugs

Post by Iceborn » Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:37 am

Reported and known.
Misc Changes, with the Feats and Skills sublinks.
Available races
Spell Changes
Class Mechanics
Command Guide

Take a look before asking your questions!

Kirito

Re: Spellsword, Imbue Weapon Bugs

Post by Kirito » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:20 am

Acid should be sorted now, just need to get the changes moved across to the server.

Electric seems to be very confused as to who it should target, and I think i might have to completely rethink how it's done. It should trigger with every hit, but with X nearby critters affected if they fail a save. Right now it seems to sometimes go for terrain/placeables instead despite being told to go for creatures only :S