Sinnara's Spellsword Stuff

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

ProbablyAMage

Sinnara's Spellsword Stuff

Post by ProbablyAMage » Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:50 pm

I understand that Spellswords are barred from summoning of all kind. Shadow Conjuration and Shades each allows a Spellsword to use the summon option. Shadow Conjuration's Shadow is frankly, utterly useless. Shades on the other hand is situationally useful, but lasts rounds/level, and so doesn't violate the idea of a Spellswords not having a summon run about with them all the time. In my humble opinion, I think these should be left, but figured I'd bring them to the builder's attention. Also, there are items that allow you to summon creatures. The Myconid spore pods for one.

Now the nitpick. Epic Mage Armor doesn't stack with Mage Armor.....which is fine. They aren't hurting for AC. Less fine is the fact that Mage Armor cast after Epic Mage Armor entirely replaces the Epic Mage Armor with the normal Mage Armor. This allows for nonsense such as someone tapping a well spelled up Spellsword with a Mage Armor wand and negating the -vast- majority of their defense. Funny, but definitely an exploitable bit of nonsense. "Friendly" spells can't be resisted and have no save, making it even sillier. Note, I haven't yet tested whether someone hostile can nix EMA with a wand tap. I'll do so tonight.
Last edited by ProbablyAMage on Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ProbablyAMage

Re: Spellsword Summons + Nitpick

Post by ProbablyAMage » Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:01 pm

Fire Imbue reduces AC by 2 for three rounds, where it should reduce by 2*Spell Tier for three rounds.

ProbablyAMage

Re: Sinnara's Spellsword Stuff

Post by ProbablyAMage » Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:23 pm

Another bug. The other day when enchanting a masterly damask blade with a temp essence, then double imbuing with Negative and Acid damage neither of the on hit properties ever triggered, then when resting and imbuing again it got weird. I imbued with negative energy, and it did sonic damage...while still reading as negative energy on the sword itself. That problem is gone after a reset, but now the acid damage on hit seems to have "Stuck" to the sword, despite not being listed when examining the weapon.

gilescorey

Post by gilescorey » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:03 pm

only 240k in your bank... [smug frog face]

Aodh Lazuli
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Aodh Lazuli » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:17 pm

gilescorey wrote:only 240k in your bank... [smug frog face]
Okay... This only makes me feel worse about Ievos' financial situation.

Second, that isn't the thing I noticed. My blood pressure was rising looking at that inventory "organisation".
Sofawiel wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:09 pm
Dont text eggplants.

ProbablyAMage

Post by ProbablyAMage » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:27 pm

Aside from the placement of the jewelry box, and a few rough gems under it pages 1-3 are empty or unorganized on all my characters. It's the last three pages I keep organized.