Strange disconnects

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

Giftstoff

Strange disconnects

Post by Giftstoff » Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:29 am

Maybe this has been brought up before, but randomly I am disconnected from the server.

This wouldnt normally be an issue, but it refuses to show Arelith as being online, and direct connects say the server is not responding. This is coupled with the forums not loading, sometimes for 20 minutes at time.

They both come back at the exact moment, and nobody else is removed from the server.

Is there a fix/reason for this anyone knows of?

Kirito

Re: Strange disconnects

Post by Kirito » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:07 am

Sounds more of a local issue, either ISP or router perhaps? I'm guessing you've checked that you can access other sites / forums etc when you can't access arelith though?

Giftstoff

Post by Giftstoff » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:24 am

Everything else functions without a hitch. I know other players who have suffered this exact issue as well.

BrilliantInsanity

Post by BrilliantInsanity » Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:50 pm

The most likely cause for this is an issue I posted about on another thread. The process to check if this is what is occurring (on windows) is to open command prompt and type:

tracert game.arelith.com

If the trace does not complete then the route from your connection to the server is broken somewhere along the line. Within the first 4 or so jumps, its a local issue (something that could be resolve by your ISP if its a continuous issue). If it fails to get past any other jumps from that point it's an issue outside your ISP and not really something you can do about except wait it out.

This is a fundamental nature of the internet. The routes from my house to Arelith, and yours, won't necessarily be the same and thus you (and perhaps people of similar locality) can find yourself unable to access the servers arelith runs on (game/webpage, etc) while still being able to connect to the rest of the internet fine[since the routes to the rest of the internet wont necessarily be the same as to arelith]. This also causes you to find yourself in the situation of being unable to connect to Arelith while other people still can (as their connection routes bypass whatever outage yours is encountering).