Caravan Travel Bug

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

DM Always This Late

Caravan Travel Bug

Post by DM Always This Late » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:04 am

Throwing this up here for others to view!

I've had at least two incidents of people who have gotten "Trapped" in the Traveling mode when getting picked up by a caravan.

As far as I an aware re-logging, and other commands cannot get you out of this phase, or if it does, will drop you invisible in an area you cannot leave.

So! If this happens to you! Ping the DM channel, If no DM is available to respond, PM us on the forums! That way we can get over and get you out as soon as one of us can get on.

If anyone has solutions, or further incidents with this bug feel free to add to the thread. Any extra info might help with identifying what goes wrong.
I loved and I loved and I lost you... And it hurt like hell.

Iceborn

Re: Caravan Travel Bug

Post by Iceborn » Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:41 am

Remove the transition cutscene?
Really, every time that I use one of those caravans and I see the lonely caravaneer trapped in his circle, perpetually doomed in his eternal torment to circulate the same endless road again and again, I have to go watch a cartoony movie to deal with the lingering depression that it causes.
Misc Changes, with the Feats and Skills sublinks.
Available races
Spell Changes
Class Mechanics
Command Guide

Take a look before asking your questions!

BrilliantInsanity

Post by BrilliantInsanity » Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:43 am

Yeah I would agree with Iceborn? Not to disparage the work that was put in by whoever created it to add to the atmosphere, but if its prone to bugging and dumping people in inescapable cells, ditch it. Most people using it may have already just been standing around by the caravaneer for up to 3 in game hours (if they just missed the last run), adding the extra wait of the cutscene on top of the bug just seems pointless at that...point.

Ozzy.nl

Post by Ozzy.nl » Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:07 am

Is the bug still there. This bug came around when first the caravan system was introduced. It is the reason many people don't use it. I agree with Iceborn ditch the cutscene

Commie

Post by Commie » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:36 pm

The intermediary zone could also just add a few transitions for the caravan destinations, so if a player does get 'stuck' they can just walk over and arrive at their intended caravan destination.