Whirlwind Stuck

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

FrozenSolid

Whirlwind Stuck

Post by FrozenSolid » Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:39 am

I did a whirlwind and was unable to enter combat afterwards. I could move, disengage, etc, but I could not attack anything. Even after the first mob was killed, and we encountered the next one I was still unable to attack. Clicking to attack, or bash, would result in my character squaring up but never rolling for an attack.

I had an opportunity to relog, and that seems to have reset it. But it could be frustrating in pvp or more intense PVE situations.
*Didn't just do that* As an arrow flies hitting someone in the face.

Memelord

Re: Whirlwind Stuck

Post by Memelord » Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:41 am

This happens when you use Whirlwind Attack against exactly three opponents. Old bug, I don't think it can be fixed without haks?

Lorkas

Post by Lorkas » Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:44 am

This is fixed by unequipping and reequipping your weapon.

Still sucks to ditch your weapon (even briefly) mid-combat, but it's better than relogging.

Xuuldar

Post by Xuuldar » Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:40 pm

I have found that when this happens, if I Whirlwind again once the timer refreshes everything starts working ok again. Still sucks to stand there for 10 seconds waiting for the refresh but in most cases it's better than messing with re-equiping weapons.

Lorkas

Post by Lorkas » Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:49 pm

If you have your weapon hotkeyed, it's really simple to double tap it and starry attacking again.

Xuuldar

Post by Xuuldar » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:40 pm

A word of caution though, make real sure you have the inventory space before you hit that hotkey.
After the purchasing of multiple replacements I find that I would rather just wait for whirlwind to reset :)