Arjale/mithril not spawning

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

The Salt Elemental

Arjale/mithril not spawning

Post by The Salt Elemental » Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:05 am

I'm not sure, but I can't seem to find it anywhere. Not even in epic dungeons. I've heard others expressing the same frustration... yet I've seen a group of lowbies finding adamantine? I'm not sure if they're just not spawning and values need to be redone, or what.

Lead also seems to spawn almost 24/7. Not sure if that's on purpose.

Gold and Silver seem to be super abundant now whereas they were semi-rare before. Also not sure if that's on purpose. If these problems aren't bugs, perhaps this can serve as feedback?

We've tried all kinds of dungeons, even ones not usually explored. Kinda at a loss.

I actually really love the update, just wish that it wasn't so frustrating. I'm pretty sure this is a bug.
"We rise and we fall
and we break
and we make our mistakes
and if there's a reason
I'm still alive
when so many have died,
then I'm willing' to wait for it."

Lorkas

Re: Arjale/mithril not spawning

Post by Lorkas » Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:17 am

Keep in mind that these are only stated to reroll as a new type of ore every 2-4 days. Even if you've spent 4 days looking and haven't found it, it might just be a string of bad luck that would go away in the long run.

I found mithril just a few days ago. It's also possible that it is set to a relatively low probability of spawning, and we will have to thing longer-term from now on when it comes to mining these rare ores.

One other thing, there is still an arjale node somewhere in the module that I have reported to Irongron and it seems like it is there to stay as a permanent arjale node. You could search around for that ICly as well.

I definitely identify with this frustration though. I keep hearing these stories of lowbies finding adamantine in low level dungeons, while I have rolled below-tier all but about 3 times, have rolled on-tier the aforementioned 3 times, and haven't rolled above-tier even once. It's frustrating, and I hope the streak ends soon.

TimeAdept

Post by TimeAdept » Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:39 am

I honestly just feel really lead on by the entire thing, and get a zinc-ing feeling every time I round the corner and see more common useless ores. My friends copper an attitude about it, and there's no silver lining in sight.

(We have the same low-tier streak going.)

Cortex

Post by Cortex » Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:47 am

i mined all the good stuff
:)

Scurvy Cur

Post by Scurvy Cur » Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:56 am

To date, I've found three adamantine veins under the new system. The first one was the day the system went in (back before they started cropping up as named veins), and I looped the vein another time for repeat adamantine, before leaving it alone.

Operating under the assumption that I'd get the same kind of vein several times running I also looped the second adamantine vein I found, only to find Arjale. Subsequent looping of the same vein produced mithril, gold, silver, iron, and zinc, once each, in that order. Other veins I found on that route also seemed to degrade. Gold became silver after getting mined once, silver became iron or copper, and those became zinc, lead, or tin. I also noticed that the veins were no longer named common, noble, rich, or opulent, but were showing the kind of ore in advance. My suspicion is that there some tweaks in the system after the first day.

Today I spent some time checking to see if the degradation trend I'd been observing might not have been a bias resulting from people just not bothering to clear out low grade metals (which over time could lead to an accumulation of randomly generated zinc/tin/lead veins), and explicitly cleared out every single vein in my former loop spot. As before, the high quality veins (though by this point, there was nothing higher quality than silver) degraded a step each time they were mined. The zinc veins came back as more zinc veins.

I'll gather more data on this as I have time, but I suspect something might not be working as initially described. If it's intentional that a zone will become depleted of good materials as its mined, until such point as it's reset, then that would explain what I've been observing, but it might be worth increasing the reset rate in the more challenging parts of the server. I've found a fair bit of good stuff myself, but I can see where other people would grow frustrated clearing the Illithids for a pair of silver veins, for example.

-XXX-

Post by -XXX- » Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:19 pm

I've casually mined 17 Mithril chunks yesterday just by accident. They are out there... you won't find them on the Aristotlus street though.

Kirito

Post by Kirito » Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:26 pm

25 Arjale chunks today. its out there alright ^^

ActionReplay
Project Lead
Project Lead

Post by ActionReplay » Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:40 pm

Its there and I believe it will be even higher within a week or so but I am paying close attention to the logs.

The Salt Elemental

Post by The Salt Elemental » Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:07 am

I've gone to dungeons I haven't gone to in years. I've gone to dungeons I go to normally. I don't sit in cordor and twiddle my thumbs. Heck I even went to that obscure dungeon in the arelith forest. Nothing but silver, gold, or lead. I can't find a noble vein anywhere.
"We rise and we fall
and we break
and we make our mistakes
and if there's a reason
I'm still alive
when so many have died,
then I'm willing' to wait for it."

gilescorey

Post by gilescorey » Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:18 am

-XXX- wrote:They are out there... you won't find them on the Aristotlus street though.
cool condescension dude