I cannot log in at all now.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

Meow2000

I cannot log in at all now.

Post by Meow2000 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:03 am

This cd key is used by the server. Over and over again. I waited for 15 minutes, it logs me in for a second into the entry thing and kicks me out i tried that thing from desktop and it did the same thing. Both servers any characters. I tried every trick that was written in the bug forums thing but did not work.

Meow2000

Re: I cannot log in at all now.

Post by Meow2000 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:05 am

I just entered the arelith entry with a new test character and the whole game just crashed into the desktop

DM Always This Late

Post by DM Always This Late » Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:51 am

Hmm...

I am going to PM you. When we find a solution, post it to your thread so it helps someone else

Or if we don't maybe someone smarter than me can help
I loved and I loved and I lost you... And it hurt like hell.

Commie

Post by Commie » Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:19 pm

Make sure you arn't using a bunch of Haks or Overrides from other servers.

You say, "This cd key is used by the server." Does that mean you're getting a message saying your CD key is in use?

BrilliantInsanity

Post by BrilliantInsanity » Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:29 pm

If you own the game through GoG, did you remember to change the CD-key from the default one that comes with the download? Because that CD key is the same for everyone and you need to follow the instructions on their support site to generate a new unique key otherwise you'll run into problems not being able to play.

Commie

Post by Commie » Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:57 pm

BrilliantInsanity wrote:If you own the game through GoG, did you remember to change the CD-key from the default one that comes with the download? Because that CD key is the same for everyone and you need to follow the instructions on their support site to generate a new unique key otherwise you'll run into problems not being able to play.
Now if you buy it, it just lists your CD key on your products page, no more contacting support.

But you still have to change it yourself, and then change the keys back to the ones 'everyone' has if you want to play any of the SP content with the game.

Meow2000

Post by Meow2000 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:18 am

Yes message my cd key is in use.

Meow2000

Post by Meow2000 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:19 am

I dont know what overrides or hacks are at all.

Xerah

Post by Xerah » Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:36 am

Do you know what your public cd-key is?

Is it: Q7RREKF3

That is the GoG one. Perhaps it got reset back to this one at some point.
Katernin Bersk, Chancellor of Divination; Kerri Amblecrown, Paladin of Milil; Xull'kacha Auvry'rae, Redcap Fey-pacted; Sadia yr Thuravya el Bhirax, Priestess of Umberlee; Lissa Whitehorn, Archmage of Artifice

Meow2000

Post by Meow2000 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:41 am

Funny thing is I just logged in with a character on the surface server but it wont let me in with another character on the other server. I am actually logged in now... but it wont let me choose the other character. ARRGHH ! How do I check my cd key ?

Lorkas

Post by Lorkas » Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:47 am

Go to your NWN main directory and look for the file "nwncdkey.ini". The private CD key is listed in that file, and you'll have to follow the instructions given by Xerah's link above in order to determine the public CD key.

Meow2000

Post by Meow2000 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:05 am

I tried that command in the script thing inside the game but it did not work there is a manual example to obtain the public cd key at the bottom of that reading letter thing. QVRPTFJF ???

Xerah

Post by Xerah » Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:10 am

That script is only something that works inside of NWScript, you can't run it from the console.

You can see the path to get to your file there (I cut off the shot showing the actual CD key) and look at the first one and take ever second letter/number.

Are you saying that it is QVRPTFJF? That is not the GoG key, unless they've since changed it.
Katernin Bersk, Chancellor of Divination; Kerri Amblecrown, Paladin of Milil; Xull'kacha Auvry'rae, Redcap Fey-pacted; Sadia yr Thuravya el Bhirax, Priestess of Umberlee; Lissa Whitehorn, Archmage of Artifice

Meow2000

Post by Meow2000 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:16 am

Yes that is what it came out when I manually did the public thing on my cd key. There were three of them yes. I did it to the first one of the three since it should be from the original game right ? Not the expansions. I am on arelith for a few months not and I never had a problem like this ever before. I could of logged in any time I wanted to.

Meow2000

Post by Meow2000 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:21 am

I can log into the surface server no problem with one character that is there. I am in for about 2 minutes and it kicks me out not saying anything. just Poof, gone. I cant get into cities and planes at all.

Meow2000

Post by Meow2000 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:25 am

How do you explain over 1,000 in exploration bonus xp missing. ?

Commie

Post by Commie » Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:16 am

Meow2000 wrote:Yes that is what it came out when I manually did the public thing on my cd key. There were three of them yes. I did it to the first one of the three since it should be from the original game right ? Not the expansions. I am on arelith for a few months not and I never had a problem like this ever before. I could of logged in any time I wanted to.
all cd-keys have to be unique to you.

WinkinBlinkin
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by WinkinBlinkin » Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:40 am

Does anyone else at the same address also play on Arelith?

DM Always This Late

Post by DM Always This Late » Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:24 am

Okay so a few things off the top of my head you can try. I am assuming it is not your PC struggling to run the game since NWN is old so most of these focuses on the game itself

1. Run the game in administrator mode.(I have to do this or it won't launch. Because it has to change the computers graphics settings for the old game)

2. Uninstall the game, and reinstall with a fresh copy. If your game has missing or corrupt files it can result in a shut down.

3. Make sure the CD key you are using is not the GOG generic CD key. If it is Gogs website tells you how to get a new CD key

4.Make sure your firewall or other security service is not blocking the game.

If you have questions or need further details on one of the options let me know
These are some of the options I had Pm'd Meow to try. At this point I really am suspecting the CD key is the generic GOG CD key. It's likely that you just got lucky for a few months, that no one else logged in with a GOG CD key.

That might also explain why you can only log in on one server and not the other, and might also be the reason for missing experience or other weird glitches.

https://support.gog.com/hc/en-us/articl ... ts-Diamond

Should be the link to request a CD key from GOG if it is in fact a game from them
I loved and I loved and I lost you... And it hurt like hell.

Meow2000

Post by Meow2000 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:14 am

Okay the game I had was not from gog however I bought the game from gog now I tried to log in and it did not work. I am having withdraws lol. So now I need to contact gog ? for the online cd key ? I will try to follow the steps given so help me gods.

Meow2000

Post by Meow2000 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:45 am

I did all this. Grabbed their multiplayer cd keys from the gog menu I used their cd key changer tool. It changed my cd keys. Thats all done I still cannot log in it says server is found but its timed out. I don't believe its timed out people are playing. Every time. Thank you all for your help. I dont know what to do anymore.

Tyrantos

Post by Tyrantos » Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:54 am

Seems like it might be something with the router.
Otherwise: Try this. There's a file in your NWN folder called "nwnplayer". Under Profile, there is something called called "Client port" Change the last number there. It might help. Then save the file and restart.

Meow2000

Post by Meow2000 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:03 am

I did just that and i logged in now i have two copies of NWN. with 100 different cd keys i am so confused I think im using the GOG copy now i think lol. Not sure. Thank you maybe the port thing fixed it for sure I hope hope hope !
Lets see if it messed up my bank account.
and everything. Thank you.

Meow2000

Post by Meow2000 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:14 am

Okay Appearently i logged in with the old cd key now in the new game because of changing the port number... this is sooo weird !

Tyrantos

Post by Tyrantos » Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:19 am

So it worked? Kinda? Good? :P