Bighorne Rhek in Brog broken?

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

DarkDreamer
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Bighorne Rhek in Brog broken?

Post by DarkDreamer » Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:50 am

He has water and such but no matter how many times you try and buy the stuff he doesnt sell, also you cannot change the tabs, this has lasted through 3 resets.

Lorkas

Re: Bighorne Rhek in Brog broken?

Post by Lorkas » Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:16 am

Just tested. He worked fine for me.

Trying a few different things, he does bug out in the following circumstances for me:
  1. Windowed mode (it has room for only 2 in-game "windows" at a time rather than the three you can open at a larger resolution.
  2. I am playing a dwarf and select "Glad to see dwarven hospitality is still good and strong!" This conversation option opens the shop but also re-opens Bighorne's conversation dialog box. Since this attempts to open 3 in-game windows at once, and the lower resolution game can only display 2, the game displays my character's inventory and Bighorne's dialog (the shop inventory does not display).
  3. In order to try to get the shop open, I select "Glad to see dwarven hospitality is still good and strong!" a second time while my character's inventory is still open.
When I do those exact three steps, I get the bug you described. Any other way of opening the shop works normally.

In order to avoid it if you can't switch to a higher resolution, don't select "Glad to see dwarven hospitality is still good and strong!"

Instead, select "I just have a few questions." and then "Let me see what you've got." This won't give you the free beer, but it will open the shop in a way that works.

theCountofMonteCristo
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Re: Bighorne Rhek in Brog broken?

Post by theCountofMonteCristo » Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:19 am