Appraise keeps rerolling

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

cornelius_4
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Appraise keeps rerolling

Post by cornelius_4 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:04 am

I found a pair of Greater Gloves of Appraisal with a +6 bonus to appraise. In testing, the merchant Rithralia Ma'for (although I don't think this is specific to her, I've seen this before with other merchants using found appraise gear) kept readjusting the price of some items, if I put on the gloves, talked to her, then took the gloves off and talked to her again.

Some items remained consitent, like a potion of clarity kept a constant price of 48 gold, the appraise gloves themselves kept a price of 207 gold, but a pair of magical gloves I had found in a chest had their price readjusted every time, ranging from about 325 to 375 gold (seen through about 6 glove switches).

From what I understand, the roll should only be rerolled whenever you achieve an appraise skill that is higher than you have had previously since you last talked to a given merchant.

Honeybunny

Re: Appraise keeps rerolling

Post by Honeybunny » Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:05 am

I noticed something was very wonky earlier today, but couldn't replicate it. I talked to the peddler in Cordor and he bought ice berries at 470something gold. I accidentally closed the trade window, then without changing gear or anything opened it again and the price was like 310gp. Closed it and opened it again and was 470something again.

cornelius_4
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Re: Appraise keeps rerolling

Post by cornelius_4 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:18 pm

Honeybunny wrote:I noticed something was very wonky earlier today, but couldn't replicate it. I talked to the peddler in Cordor and he bought ice berries at 470something gold. I accidentally closed the trade window, then without changing gear or anything opened it again and the price was like 310gp. Closed it and opened it again and was 470something again.
Hmm, I was unable to get a reroll without also changing my appraise skill. I tried with the kobold trader at the outpost, he would only give me new prices if I put on or off my appraise gloves and only my most expensive items had their price readjusted.