Ancient Green Dragon Spawn in Bendir?

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

Xerah

Ancient Green Dragon Spawn in Bendir?

Post by Xerah » Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:34 pm

Last night (0030 PST), I had a green dragon drop on me in the middle of Bendir. The dragon landed between Lissa's house and The Ministry of Gnomen Affairs building.

Lissa is a wild mage but I did not cast a spell ahead of time (just drank a potion; nor do I think spawning a dragon is one of the listed surge options) and was walking/portal from Cordor (caravan --> portal --> Bendir) so I don't think it could have been dragged from elsewhere.

The thing landed, disappeared three times in very quick succession, hit me with knockdown then I died. There was no interaction with this.

I asked the DM channel but I got no response, so I have to assume this was not the result of DM action.

I respawned and walked back in (there were 6 people or so in the main area by the message board) and the dragon spawned back in killing even more people and NPCs.

Is there a misplaced spawn here? Did a DM leave a powerful dragon there and log off? I'm pretty confused by what happened.
Katernin Bersk, Chancellor of Divination; Kerri Amblecrown, Paladin of Milil; Xull'kacha Auvry'rae, Redcap Fey-pacted; Sadia yr Thuravya el Bhirax, Priestess of Umberlee; Lissa Whitehorn, Archmage of Artifice

Rwby

Re: Ancient Green Dragon Spawn in Bendir?

Post by Rwby » Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:46 pm

Could be someone dragged the Dragon onto the map, and then fled, leaving it to fly around swatting players. Though it'd have come a long way...

Wytchee
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Wytchee » Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:48 pm

There is an adult green dragon not far from Bendir, in Arelith Forest. Likely someone caught its attention (it has a large detection range) then ran back to Bendir's map. Dragons can leap over walls and stuff; likely followed a "trail of candy" of NPCs before finally finding you. :(
Current character: Abigail Duskwood

Queen Titania
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by Queen Titania » Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:51 pm

If a PC runs with a monster chasing them this can happen. I've seen devils from Benwick get to Bendir in a similar fashion, chasing players to the end of the world.

Sorry we weren't around at the time to offer you aid.
Please don't feed my sister.

Xerah

Post by Xerah » Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:56 pm

Darn, I guess that could be it. I didn't think it could scale up to an Ancient dragon.
Katernin Bersk, Chancellor of Divination; Kerri Amblecrown, Paladin of Milil; Xull'kacha Auvry'rae, Redcap Fey-pacted; Sadia yr Thuravya el Bhirax, Priestess of Umberlee; Lissa Whitehorn, Archmage of Artifice

susitsu

Post by susitsu » Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:32 pm

A green dragon sometimes spawns in the Forest of Despair as well.

gilescorey

Post by gilescorey » Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:12 am

The dragon in the Arelith Forest is not an Ancient. It is an Adult.