Bard/warlock creation sticks on "lawful" menu option

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

Tourmaline

Bard/warlock creation sticks on "lawful" menu option

Post by Tourmaline » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:55 pm

I've been trying to make a bard (well, warlock) today and every single time- like four times now- it gets stuck on the "On Arelith bards can be lawful.." screen, with only the option to accept lawful or cancel out entirely killing the whole menu-- no option to say "no." Thus the character has to be deleted and started from scratch. I know I've experienced this many times before as well, being a create a new character every week kind of person.

I know it's probably lag and will probably just wait until later to make the character, but this seems to happen a lot where the menu hangs making the character creation impossible to finish. Would it be possible to, I don't know, make that handle/switch you can pull actually restart the whole menu process in case the menu bugs out? (I can't figure out what it's supposed to do otherwise since even if I don't see the menu, it doesn't seem to bring it up.)

Not a big deal and thought I'd just bring it up as a quality of life issue. And of course the other option is maybe it's the game telling me to go lawful instead and I should just listen...

EDIT- Tried again after reset and two remakes as slightly different names have gotten the same result, stuck on the "lawful" screen with no option to do anything but change the character to lawful or exit out of the creation menu completely. I think it may be broken? This is on a goblin by the way, so choosing a skin may be a factor?

Lorkas

Re: Bard/warlock creation sticks on "lawful" menu option

Post by Lorkas » Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:07 am

It's an ongoing problem that options don't always display in these scripted menus.

One thing you can try that's risky in some cases: even if the options don't display and become clickable, you can still use the number keys on your keyboard to select the options that should be there. The problem is just that if there are a lot of options and you can't remember which one you want, pushing a number key means that you might accidentally choose an option you didn't want.

On a menu like the "On Arelith bards can be lawful..." one, there are only two options, so if the second one doesn't display, just hit "2" on your keyboard and you should be good. It's a messy workaround, but it might help you.

Tourmaline

Re: Bard/warlock creation sticks on "lawful" menu option

Post by Tourmaline » Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:39 am

Did not know the keyboard worked, totally makes sense. Thank you.