CD Key In Use (Sorta Solved!)

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

Wildsong

CD Key In Use (Sorta Solved!)

Post by Wildsong » Sat May 13, 2017 11:06 pm

Hey friends!
Yes, I am aware there is another thread with a similar title, and I have read through that one with no solution.

Here's what happened.

I was with the group to close the portal in Benwick. When we approached the portal, my game would kick me to the server list and tell me my CD Key was in use on the cities/planes server. If I tried to log on another character, it put me in the black room with the portals to either the surface, cities or the entry area -- then kick me to the server list with the same error; CD Key was in use.

I have NEVER had this problem before, and I've played on both servers easily for nearly a month now.
I have contacted two DMs during the event, and both told me to try restarting my game, my computer, changing my ports, etc. A friend even told me to make sure my CD Keys had not erased themselves from the ini folder -- everything. Nothing works.

In the spirit of honesty, my CD Keys from GoG are -very- lost, and I didn't remember my info to retrieve them. So the keys I do have are generated keys. If THIS is the problem, I am all in to take the blame for that and purchase new keys (because I love this server :P)

If this isn't the issue, however, I'd love to hear what you folks have in mind.
Again, the keys are cheesed, so get the pointing and laughing out of the way :P The DMs believe that couldn't be the problem, or else I wouldn't be able to log on the Surface server at all.

Let me know what you think! I really can't go back to Cordor with this issue on ANY character haha
Thanks!
-Khoudelka
Last edited by Wildsong on Mon May 15, 2017 7:23 pm, edited 4 times in total.
"Your druid/monk build isn't death by paper cuts, but it's not death by freight train, either. It's more...death by inconvenient chihuahua bites."

Iceborn

Re: CD Key In Use

Post by Iceborn » Sun May 14, 2017 1:15 am

In my experience, generic/default CD keys are rather commonplace, and thus prone to the error you are mentioning.

If you can resend your the CD Key email request to GoG, you may save yourself from this... problem.
Misc Changes, with the Feats and Skills sublinks.
Available races
Spell Changes
Class Mechanics
Command Guide

Take a look before asking your questions!

Wildsong

Re: CD Key In Use

Post by Wildsong » Sun May 14, 2017 1:22 am

If only I had that old email for it |: It's no problem. I've already purchased a new set of keys and I'm in the process of setting everything up.

DMs have said it's possible to help transfer my main over to the new account, so I'm getting ready for that.

Thank you for your reply! o/
"Your druid/monk build isn't death by paper cuts, but it's not death by freight train, either. It's more...death by inconvenient chihuahua bites."

The GrumpyCat
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Re: CD Key In Use (Sorta Solved. Learn from my mistake!)

Post by The GrumpyCat » Sun May 14, 2017 9:20 am

It was solved? AWSOME!
This too shall pass.

(I now have a DM Discord (I hope) It's DM GrumpyCat#7185 but please keep in mind I'm very busy IRL so I can't promise how quick I'll get back to you.)

Wildsong

Post by Wildsong » Mon May 15, 2017 3:45 am

DM GrumpyCat wrote:It was solved? AWSOME!

Sort of! All the solutions I saw were suggestions to just buy new CD keys. I've done just that, and went ahead and remade my druid.

Not the best solution, especially if anyone else suffering from this were well over level 10 with their main (yikes, sorry!). But I can play again! So that's a win :D

pigman

Post by pigman » Mon May 15, 2017 3:49 am

Wildsong wrote:
DM GrumpyCat wrote:It was solved? AWSOME!

Sort of! All the solutions I saw were suggestions to just buy new CD keys. I've done just that, and went ahead and remade my druid.

Not the best solution, especially if anyone else suffering from this were well over level 10 with their main (yikes, sorry!). But I can play again! So that's a win :D

I had a similar issue, got NWN initially from not GOG, that company had given me pre used keys that an arelith player also had. When i replaced my keys the dm team moved my whole account to the new keys