Everytime i log-out i have a "CD key is already in use"

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

Cybernet21

Everytime i log-out i have a "CD key is already in use"

Post by Cybernet21 » Thu May 11, 2017 4:46 pm

So,it seems everytime i log-out and the next day when i try to log-in i raceive "CD key already is use" a reset seems to fix it,but this is the second time in a week that happens.Does it have something to do with not leaving to the main-menu firdt?(got the habit of leaving the game by alt-f4 and then clicking yes in the game prompt to close it)
also,i'll have to wait 16 hours for the Next reset ;-;
Last edited by Cybernet21 on Thu May 11, 2017 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My family were all knights,but none protected those who cannot fight for themselves.They all cared about their noble status more than anything else.I would be a true knight,i would train on the ways of the paladin -Arcavius Ryde

DarkDreamer
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Re: Everytime i log-out i have a "CD key is laready in use"

Post by DarkDreamer » Thu May 11, 2017 4:47 pm

yeah thats not a good way to exit, that should only be used when you crash, as the system doesnt always realize you logged out.

Cybernet21

Post by Cybernet21 » Thu May 11, 2017 4:51 pm

DarkDreamer wrote:yeah thats not a good way to exit, that should only be used when you crash, as the system doesnt always realize you logged out.
Weird,the game itself opens a prompt asking if you wish to close,guess i'll have to get rid of that habit.Any way to fix it other than wait for reset?
My family were all knights,but none protected those who cannot fight for themselves.They all cared about their noble status more than anything else.I would be a true knight,i would train on the ways of the paladin -Arcavius Ryde

DarkDreamer
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by DarkDreamer » Thu May 11, 2017 4:54 pm

you can keep trying to log in...also...ask a DM to check that no one else is playing on your CD key at those times.

Cybernet21

Post by Cybernet21 » Thu May 11, 2017 4:56 pm

DarkDreamer wrote:you can keep trying to log in...also...ask a DM to check that no one else is playing on your CD key at those times.
I see,thanks!

Xerah

Re: Everytime i log-out i have a "CD key is already in use"

Post by Xerah » Thu May 11, 2017 5:03 pm

Did you get your game from GoG? Did you get a multiplayer key from them? That will cause problems if you aren't using a unique key although I think that CD-key is banned on Arelith if I remember correctly.
Katernin Bersk, Chancellor of Divination; Kerri Amblecrown, Paladin of Milil; Xull'kacha Auvry'rae, Redcap Fey-pacted; Sadia yr Thuravya el Bhirax, Priestess of Umberlee; Lissa Whitehorn, Archmage of Artifice

Cybernet21

Re: Everytime i log-out i have a "CD key is already in use"

Post by Cybernet21 » Thu May 11, 2017 5:06 pm

Xerah wrote:Did you get your game from GoG? Did you get a multiplayer key from them? That will cause problems if you aren't using a unique key although I think that CD-key is banned on Arelith if I remember correctly.
Yep,i think it's the way i leave tha game (alt-f4) instead of logging out first.When a cd key is banned/GoG Single-Player key you get another thing,like "CD key denied" or something.I'm sure it's not another person as nothing changes (no new characters,nothing inventory wise changed,no more exp than when i left)