Character Creation Glitches

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

Shaeris

Character Creation Glitches

Post by Shaeris » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:24 am

So, I'm writing this mainly from a bystander perspective cause I was trying to guide my friend towards making a new character. They picked a Dwarf [Shield Dwarf] and picked Brogenstein as their starter location. All was fine, except upon trying to cross a transition to cities and planes it would repeatedly boot them to the Arelith starter zone again. Crossing the door always just sent them back to Surface, back infront of the transition they'd tried to pass prior.

So they remade their character, same race though this time picked Cordor as the starter area for themselves. Passing the door immediately booted them back to the starter area they were already in and deleted plenty of their items.

https://imgur.com/QgN6992

Crossing again, oddly enough sent them to surface and at Brogenstein despite having picked a different location at the start.

I suggested they just make a human character to see if it's an issue on their end or the race itself, and as it happens they passed the door and wound up on the boat at Cordor just fine... Until they re-logged on them later, and had their character sent to the starter area again.

Finally, I made a dwarf myself and can confirm to have had the same issues. Passing the door send me back to the starter area on a newly made dwarf with Cordor as the starter location set. Items dissapeared upon this happening.

Updates:
Tried with a Moon Elf and was sent back immediately.
Tried making a Drow, to have a character enter the Underdark instead. Arrived fine, wandered around and then re-logging sent them back as well. Same experience as Human.
Past Characters: Shaeris Sedranas, Katrysa Seran, Zarune, Nishara Sedranas, Maevren Ebonhawk, Syralen, Sevrana (Disguised), Seradria Della'thar.