Death Update - Bug?

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

Apple Cider

Death Update - Bug?

Post by Apple Cider » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:58 am

Hello,

So, roughly, ten rl hours my character died in game to a random spawn.
I respawned, let tick go by, and logged off for a bit of cool down.
Came back, waited a tick, and watched my debuffs get purged.
Perfect.
Next tick all my debuffs come back and I've got 4 hours until they're gone.
PvP time was at 0 though, so, that works.

Bug or new feature?

Dunshine
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Re: Death Update - Bug?

Post by Dunshine » Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:00 am

The death penalties will remain for an X ingame hours, which you really have to be online for. Offline hours won't count. Offline hours do count for the pvp counter.

Hour

Post by Hour » Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:07 am

You can't be serious, you're forcing people to AFK IG after they've died?

Bad idea-- that's a bad idea.

This change has been mostly good, but this is the not good.

Kuma
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Kuma » Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:43 am

Dunshine wrote:The death penalties will remain for an X ingame hours, which you really have to be online for. Offline hours won't count. Offline hours do count for the pvp counter.
im sorry what

House Freth: Reference Information
House Claddath: Reference Information
"What's a heretic?": a guide to religious schism terminology

Irongron wrote:

4. No full screen images of the NWN gnome model (might frighten the children)

Tourmaline

Post by Tourmaline » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:08 am

Can we at least have it clear after 1 RL day or something if the character is offline and off camera? I understand wanting to make people feel death if they remain logged in and present after dying in PVE, but if they log out for a sufficient time can't you cut them a break? I think otherwise you're going to see a lot of AFK-ness if people have to wait it out.

Honestly I think stuff like this that punishes the player for their character dying is not the way to go.

ActionReplay
Project Lead
Project Lead

Post by ActionReplay » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:39 am

I think the status Death Penalty should be counted for being offline. I do not like it being forced down on you if you login after X hours/days/whatver.

As recently playing a PC again I know this frustration and it gives really nothing to a fun game/immersion/whatever reason.

Seekeepeek

Post by Seekeepeek » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:55 pm

ActionReplay wrote:I think the status Death Penalty should be counted for being offline. I do not like it being forced down on you if you login after X hours/days/whatver.

As recently playing a PC again I know this frustration and it gives really nothing to a fun game/immersion/whatever reason.
mhmm i agree. wasn't aware of that. iam fine with the 20 mins at pvp dead in furge. but the penelties.. meh.. just not fun.

Kaymon24

Post by Kaymon24 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:58 pm

It's silly to have players be forced to keep their character online after they die. Because it's just a game... not a life. When people (not everyone) die they like to log off and take a break and not build up frustration by having a much higher chance to go out and die again. And time does not stop on arelith. Your character does not freeze on recovering. Hence logging off would not stop it from going on unless time freezes on the server... which it don't. Now I understand that the reason why this update was put into place was for the players to have a little more punishment when killed and to rp out their recovery perhaps... but there has to be a more fair and better option instead of forcing people to keep themselves logged on with doing nothing but typing and walking in the city(s) or in lower level areas.And yes this will result in MANY players leaving the game because they will stay logged on to recover from death and be AFK for so long. I apologise if I was rude or offended... I respect the dev team and love the server... but as I said it's just a game... no one should be forced to do anything in a game and in a way that's exactly what this is.

One Two Three Five

Post by One Two Three Five » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:19 pm

Dunshine wrote:The death penalties will remain for an X ingame hours, which you really have to be online for. Offline hours won't count. Offline hours do count for the pvp counter.
I'm trying to be nice here, but I need to ask:
How much actual, real discussion was done about this? Was player enjoyment a concern during this discussion? This is Star Wars Galaxies NGE bad.
The devil does not need any more advocates
Clerics are just socially acceptable warlocks.