Item damage increase

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

Woper_The_Black

Item damage increase

Post by Woper_The_Black » Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:18 pm

I've noticed recently that my gear is being damaged more frequently than it used to be. And I actually caught it happening. Where you used to maybe run a whole dungeon or 2 and 1 or 2 pieces of gear become damaged, now it's depleting several points over a very short period. I've taken a screen shot of my shield going 15/16, then about 15 hits later down to 14/16 ? How is it calculated and has something changed recently ? I cant upload the pictures due to a message "Sorry the board attachment quota has been reached"

Lorkas

Re: Item damage increase

Post by Lorkas » Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:46 pm

Upload the image to imgur and use the BBCode img tag to post the image here.

Ork
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by Ork » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:57 am

I once had a full play go from 5 to broken in one cycle through a dungeon. It's infuriating. That was months ago, so I'm assuming nothing's changed.

Rwby

Post by Rwby » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:51 am

Have you changed classes?

I've noticed that mages gear almost never ever ever seems to be damaged, [The game apparently doesn't check for random damage when spellcasting] where as an Archer or a melee character will rapidly watch their gear fall apart. Likewise, getting more attacks per round and being hasted triggers more checks which makes things fall apart faster...

Iceborn

Post by Iceborn » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:00 am

I play a monk kensai with 8 APR.
I personally don't... feel that my gear degrades even remotely fast, but then again, he's a tailor.
Misc Changes, with the Feats and Skills sublinks.
Available races
Spell Changes
Class Mechanics
Command Guide

Take a look before asking your questions!

Woper_The_Black

Post by Woper_The_Black » Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:44 pm

I hadn't thought about that, no character change, although the extra attacks etc makes sense. I just wanted to know how it was calculated, it looked really odd to have it degrade 2 points over about 15 hits. While attacking the bullywug queen it dropped 1 point then straight after on the next mob it dropped a second point, if that's how the mechanics work and the system is random, then that would explain the same as rolling 3, 1's in a row for crafting right ? I thought it would work more along the lines of X amount of hits before it dropped, something constant...