Is Call Lightning in Storm of Vengeance bugged?

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

Rooshy41

Is Call Lightning in Storm of Vengeance bugged?

Post by Rooshy41 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:53 am

So I just did something awesome, and then I thought about it and figured it might be a bug :c.
So in the spirit of trying to fix the game and not potentially abuse something awesome, here I am.

Essentially when I casted Storm of Vengeance, I was able to cast infinite casts of Call Lightning while standing within it during its duration.

This might be a bug, but if its not....

HUZZAH!!!!
"Look! It's an intelligent talking bear, it must be normal. Let's make it pay taxes."

https://xkcd.com/1223/

High Primate

Re: Is Call Lightning in Storm of Vengeance bugged?

Post by High Primate » Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:41 pm

Just curious, have you tested it again? Could be the SoV had nothing to do with it.

Also, were you polymorphed, or had you been using shapechange recently? I'm not up to speed on the details but I believe there's a bug with polymorph that can lead to infinite spells (although IIRC it involves using the interface).
Some builds I've worked on (not recommended):
Charisma Battlecleric
"E-Dodge Brycer"

Rooshy41

Post by Rooshy41 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:55 pm

I think it was a bug, I've tested it again a couple times and I've had no repeats of what happened. It could have been the poly morph bug.
"Look! It's an intelligent talking bear, it must be normal. Let's make it pay taxes."

https://xkcd.com/1223/

earthsong309

Post by earthsong309 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:01 pm

Infinite call lightning during thunderstorms would be an incredible (and very situational) boon to druids...