Domain Spells Bug: Super Version

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

Lost Valkyrie

Domain Spells Bug: Super Version

Post by Lost Valkyrie » Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:52 pm

Trickery/Travel Domains

Any time I would pass a server transition or the server crashes/resets my domain spells would vanish from my spell book and I would have to reload the saved spell book and rest to regain the spells. I am told this is a known longstanding bug.

However I have taken it to another level and now even when I rest with the reloaded book the spells show as dead in the quick slots and cannot be cast while showing available in the player spells list. This seems to have been triggered by hitting lvl 17 and now the character is basically unplayable. Any help would be welcome.

dallion43
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Re: Domain Spells Bug: Super Version

Post by dallion43 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:41 pm

Allow me to ask a few stupid questions;
1. Did you try to re-slot the QSlot shortcut?
2. Did you try to cast it from the right click on PC menu?
3. Try to re-slot the spells in the SBook to first slots available on that lvl.
4. Try to un-slot domain spells. Rest. Re-slot manually from the book. Rest.
5. Try to un-slot all spells. Rest. Re-slot manually from the book. Rest. if helps forget about the auto slot option from the saved spell book.

Lost Valkyrie

Post by Lost Valkyrie » Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:14 am

Ok! Deleting the spells and removing the quick slots and then replacing them seems to have done the trick. So that just leaves changing servers, resets and crashes blanking the spells as the lone bug.

dallion43

Post by dallion43 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:21 am

I am glad the main problem was resolved.

The travel domain on one of my PCs grants haste. I never encountered it just vanish from the spell book during server transition or server crash. Not in the UD or the surface if that matters.
Maybe it is to do with; "saved spell book"? Did you try to re-slot it manually and then do a server transition?